Ch. 30: A Date with Monoma

As I kept waiting for someone else, my door produced a soft knock from the other side of the door.

I walked towards the door and open it to reveal the guy who I was making a contract with. Shinsou.

"You finally show up, Shinsou", I said as I looked at him up and down.

He was wearing a black suit with a white collar shirt and a purple tie that matched his eyes perfectly.

"Princess y/n, would you do me the honor to delight you with dinner at the garden tonight under the kiosk?" He bowed, and I was taken aback by his change of personality compared to last night. Maybe Aizawa is teaching them good.

"I shall take your invitation Mr. Shinsou. May I request we meet outside the garden at 9 if that is okay with you." I said as Shinsou grabbed my hand and kissed it gently.

'What is with him all of a sudden?' I thought.

"If that is the princess request I shall accept with no hesitation". He bowed once again and before Shinsou could take his leave, Monoma was walking towards us.

"Ah, I see Shinsou-kun has already invited the princess to a date. I guess I should come another time."

"Monoma, wait" I stopped him before he could take another step back.

He turned around and waited for me to say something.

"Mr. Shinsou indeed just asked me for a date tonight. Which means you have my full attention and availability before 7. That is if I don't get bored with our date." I said as I wrapped my arm around his.

"Mr. Shinsou, I shall see you at 9 then."

"Yes, please excuse me" He then took his leave after bowing.

"Well Mr. Monoma, what is the plan?" I said directing my full attention to him.

"My princess, I was thinking if you would like to go on a stroll around the mansion and just talk so we can get to know each other. Sorry if I'm not that creative. I've never been on a date before" Monoma sulked for a bit and I hold onto him tighter.

"I'll gladly go on a stroll with you Monoma."

We began to head down to the first floor of the mansion, and I decided to start the conversation.

"So tell me Monoma, what was your life before the contest?"

He looked into my eyes and said, " Well besides being a hero, I would help my mom with her boutique. When I got my first paycheck of working as a hero, I surprised her with her very own store for her to sell tuxedos and dresses for the noble. She always wanted to meet people from a classy society and for them to wear her brand. She was the one who sent my application to the contest. "

So his mother enlisted him in the contest. His mother sounds like a nice person, which makes me think that Monoma is not the traitor.

"What else would you like to know princess?"

"What about your father?", I asked as we turn around to another hallway.

"My father disappeared when I was 5 years old. I can't remember his face but I do remember his last words to me. "

"He said, Neito, just because you aren't the main character don't let that stop you from becoming the hero you want to be."

"I understood his words when I encounter the true main character back in the hero course. And to think that he would also be one of the contestants." He once again sulked a bit.

"What am I even doing here?" He directed the question to me.

"Princess, I was glad when you said that you wanted to have a date with us merely side characters in this contest. I thought that maybe I could become the main character for once or at least one of us. So princess y/n, thank you for giving me some kind of hope even though I know I might get eliminated for my lack of-"

"No Monoma, it's my fault. I am indeed looking for a specific something on someone and I can see that you don't have it in you."

Knowing how I said that last sentence I hugged Monoma.

"Because I think you are the opposite of what I'm looking for and that is good. You have proved to me at least a little of your intentions and opened up to me with sincerity." I said hugging him tighter.

"I'm sorry princess, but I don't think I understand." He said

"I mean that you have shown me your honesty, and that is one of the things I wasn't expecting to see on someone. You are the first." I said ending the hug. Monoma just stood still even when I hugged him.

"So what exactly were you originally looking for in me princess y/n?" Monoma asked.

"Well, that is a secret I am not revealing to anyone" I winked at him and he slightly blushed but then his signature smirk was shown on his face.

"What do you say if we continue our walk and I shall tell you more about me" Monoma held his arm up for me to take once again.

I took kindly and kept walking with Monoma for another hour and a half.

I could say Monoma was off the list. 

To be continued...

Next chapter is up on patreon