(Ch.22) The Truth

The first battle had ended with Kirishima winning and it was now time for the second battle with Monoma against Saito.

I was still sitting at my throne next to my mother's when a guard aproaches me with a letter. That was the signal for me to proceed with the plan.

I got up and excused myself, the people were so into the match that they didn't notice i had gottten up from my throne.

I went backstage and open the door that led to a hallway were the resting rooms were located at. Shouto, Bakugou and Midoriya were in the last room at the end of the hallway.

I knock on the door three times before entering.
Midoriya was the first one to see me going inside, and got up from his seat quick as lightning. He also bowed who knows how many times.

"P-pp-princess Y/N! W-what are you doing here!?"Midoriya stuttered as he turned to see the other idiots who had a shock expression on their faces.

"Sorry to interrupt but I came here, cause I need to talk with Sho- I mean Mr.Todoroki", Shoot that was a close one. Nobody needs to know that we used to be best buddies when we were young. That's another story readers.

"REALLY! What EXACTLY do you have to say to him Princess. Are you hiding something from us" Bakugo why you!

"What makes you think that Bomb Bomb?¬_¬ Seriously, me? "Bomb Bomb" out of all nicknames that exist for him it had to be this one?
Im unbelievable😓

"WEEEL!-"

"Can you shut up already!" Shouto finally stood up and place his right hand on top of Bakugou's left shoulder pushing him back lightly.
He then aproached me. He sure has gotten taller.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME AGAIN! Bakugou got in defense mode after he got pushed back very lightly. Ugh he is so immature!

"Let's go talk", Shouto said as he looked into my eyes that were showing annoyance towards Bakugou.

"Yeah let's go.", i said and then we left to my resting room but this one located 2 hallways from the usual resting rooms.

I locked the door to the room just in case we were to be interrupted. Then i turned around only to be pin to the wall by Shouto.

"Hey! What are you doing!?" I yelled at him

" Isn't this what you wanted!" He said with fearce showing through his eyes.

"No! Now get away from me you crazy flame!" Great another nickname😓

"Then what is it that you wanted to talk to me about", so now he wants to talk😡

"I wanted to talk about us and the kiss that you gave me back in the practice tournament."

"What about it", is he for reals! Calm down lets just go along with the plan

"Well we know each other since we were little but you dissapeared from my life after you got your quirk. And when we saw each other at my parent's fancy parties, you would never talk to me or look me in the eye. What happened Shouto, why did you stopped talking and playing with me when we were little!? And then to suddenly be in this contest to be my husband, kiss me and hug me whenever you want doesn't make sense to me!Explain to me why are you doing this!? You said your father "didnt force you" to be in the competition so I want to know why you are here!" I began to feel some teardrops rolling down my cheecks. I wasn't supposed to cry but all the memories came to me as if I've lost someone important to me. Which I did. Shouto was very important to me.

Shouto then handed me his handkerchief but i refused, i wiped my own tears with my small towel that i carry with me all the time. It was a present from Aizawa in my 18th birthday.

" I need to go" , he said

"No you won't, until you answer me", now it was me who had him pinned to the wall.

He wasnt looking at me at all

"Stop avoiding my questions and answer me Shouto! Look me in the eyes and tell me why!"

"BECAUSE I WAS JEALOUS OKAY!" he yelled

"I was jealous. I was jealous of you and your friend Kanata.", shouto once again avoided eye contact.

So he's jealous? All this time he was jealous of me and Kanata?

"I was jealous of your life, how you were treated by your parents and siblings. They showed you love and protection, something that I've been wanting from my father but never had. After dissapearing for training with my father I wanted to talk to you and tell you everything that had happened to me but you already had a new friend. You had somone better than me. I would sometimes go see you without no one noticing and catch you both playing, laughing, crying, and teasing each other. That made me so mad, I thought you had forgotten about me, but when you aproached me at your parents party and invited me to dance, i was still mad at you and decided to forget everything about you. But i was wrong, i shouldn't of denied your invitation, because after I did you were dancing with him. From there on, I focused more on my training, I went to school and became a Hero. Although when i heard about the contest, I knew this was my chance to talk to you again and catch up. Not only that but to be your husband. You probably don't remember but when we were kids you asked me if i would be your prince which I said yes. So now im here to be your husband Y/N."

Those were his words on the day of the tournament. Words that I've never imagined to hear from Shouto. All this time I thought he hated me which I think he did, but to know that he was just jealous and loved me all this time just makes me feel like in the end I'll be breaming many hearts. O_O

To Be Continued...