Chapter 1

There was a time when I enjoyed going to a Club with my friends and having a couple of drinks in my younger years. Dancing with a few strangers. Then going home to my apartment to feed my cat before falling asleep.

Or, as I aged, having a romantic dinner with my husband as we joked over something that happened at work.

Sadly, I lay here trying to escape from my new reality. Playing a game targeted for teenaged girls.

Why, you ask?

It happened about a year and a half after I married my Husband. We'd been trying to have kids but realizing it wasn't happening the old fashioned way, we sought a professionals help.

What should've been a simple and exciting Doctor's visit had quickly turned 180 when a few days later I was given the test results. It should've been a regular blood test and ultrasound.

No. Not for me though. I'd been diagnosed with Early Stages of Ovarian Cancer.

Thankfully, through a long difficult road, I'd been treated and got rid of it. My Husband had been at his wits ends; worrying not only about me but also the medical expenses.

Maybe we'd have made it work out if I hadn't had a relapse not five months later. Fortunately that time as well, I made a full recovery. By then though, my Husband had finally lost interest in me. Mostly he looked at me with eyes filled with 'despise' because we were now struggling do to me.

I'm sure he'd much rather I had refused treatment and just died. We ended up divorcing when I found out he was cheating.

I think the mental stress and depression hindered my healing process because for the third time, I had Ovarian Cancer. This time it had spread further than it had previously.

Since no one was at home to care for me, I'd had to stay in the hospital during my treatment. Out of boredom I'd picked up playing childish games, trying to ignore the fact that my husband left me and I couldn't have children.

Soon I could no longer play those enjoyable games due to loss of strength.

My body had steadily gotten weaker and the Doctor's had given looks of pity to me. I knew that the treatment was no longer working. This life was coming to an end and I accepted that fact.

As I drew my last stuttering, pain filled breath, my only regret was never having a child of my own.

A/N: I think I'm going to stick with rather short chapters for this book. Just as a heads up for anyone interested.