Chapter 35

A/N: Hey was that girl's name Serena or Selena? I wrote Selena but I could be wrong. If so let me know and I'll go back through to change it. I'm sort of out of it from lack of sleep these last few days.

Helena:

Today I'm going over to Selena's house to play with her while Mommy goes into the Forest. She always is busy doing grown up things and never has time to play with me. I tried to play with her once and I couldn't sit still in the silence. 

"Mommy, when can we go to Aunt Connie's place?"

Mommy looked up from the plate of food she was slowly digging into. Today, none of the boys or Daddy was here with us. This made me happy. Except for Daddy being gone. That made me sad. 

"Let me finish eating and I'll help you get ready after I do. Celia can help with bathing you and doing your hair while I finish up eating," she had just finished speaking as Celia stepped up out of nowhere. 

"I took a bath last night," I pouted with my arms crossed. 

Mommy sighed at me, "Helena, you got yourself dirty this morning when you decided to give Styles trouble when he was tidying up the outside vegetation."

Vegetation? What's that? It must mean something to do with the plants that Mr. Styles was cutting up earlier. 

"I washed my hands," I said as I pushed out my hands for her to look at. 

"Yes, you did. Unfortunately, you tripped and fell which means that it wasn't just your hands that got dirtied."

Looking down I noticed the mud stains on my knees and a few stickers from a couple plants. No wonder I felt like something kept poking me.

"Fine. After that though can we go see Selena??"

I couldn't help bouncing in my seat. Mommy smiled her pretty smile at me and I smiled back. 

"Yes you can. No go on with Celia."

I jumped out of the chair and ran towards Celia and grabbed hold of her hand before dragging her out of the room while skipping. 

Lily:

"You sure you'll be fine watching her while I go into the Forest," I asked Connie for about the millionth time since I watched Helena run off with Selena.

Connie gave me 'that look' before rolling her eyes in exasperation, "I've already agreed to watch her and I'll say it again. Go out and do whatever you need to do and then come back home. Helena will be perfectly fine here."

I could've left Helena at home with the maids but it didn't seem fair that while the rest of us were out doing things, Helena was made to stay at home bored. This was the first time I would leave her with Connie or any friend for that matter. 

"And you're sure you don't mind her staying the night?"

"If I did, I wouldn't have suggested it Lily. Now get your butt out of here and enjoy it."

I nodded my head before walking a few paces and glancing over my shoulder at Connie who just shooed me away before closing the door in my face. 

It felt weird being away from my baby over night. This would also be the first time I would spend an entire day and night away from her. 

Nothing like the present to get over my fears anyways. What fears? The ones where I think this is all just a dream and I'll wake up back in the hospital bed, dying. It was a necessity to wake up and kiss Helena on her face somewhere every morning to reassure myself that this was truly real and I wasn't dreaming. 

Pushing everything to the back of my mind, I proceeded into the Forest to continue training. I'd begun thinking up ways to make up for women's inabilities to strengthen their bodies using the elements during meditation. Men were able to because of some sort of Chemical in their body that women didn't have. Which I found to be unfair. 

Perhaps though, I could use elements in a different sort of way in order to build up muscle mass and a stronger skeleton. I remember that there was a large waterfall in the Eastern part of the Forest near some Hot Springs. It wasn't really a hot spot for Magical Beasts because too many Star Magic Users visited the area but it was a good place to practice. 

I'd only bumped into two Magical Beasts well under 4 Stars which were easily killed, on my way to the falls. In front of me I watched the beautiful blue cascade of water as it splashed off rocks and the waters surface in a white/blue frothy spray. Light split through the overhang of trees surrounding the area and formed rainbows in the mist that drifted up from the spray. Flowers decorated the outskirts of the small pool underneath the Waterfall. 

On closer inspection you could see that the pool branched off in several areas, drifting off to who knew where. My eyes scanned beneath the Waterfall and landed on a few rocks that barely breached the pool's surface. I had been worried that there wouldn't be anything for me to test my theory on but luckily there was. 

I stripped the skirt I wore, off and pulled the strings on the small shorts I wore underneath. These strings usually weren't used unless the shorts were weighted down but I was nervous that the pressure from the water would tear my clothes off so I pulled the strings and tied them off so the shorts were well secured. 

My top was originally a tube top one but had a built in upper sleeved option. No one used it usually because it covered the shoulders and left the back open but I used it now just to make sure my breasts were also secured in case of exposure. Although no one was around, it would be really embarrassing if someone showed up at the worst possible time. 

I made my way slowly towards the Falls and covered my body in my Magic to make sure I didn't break anything. This was all on theory at this point so I wasn't sure what to expect. 

What I hadn't expected was that before I could reach the rock I had been eyeing I'd be flung hurtling into the pool of water and nearly knock myself out on a rock that was beneath the surface. 

When I dragged myself out of the pool onto the grass next to it, I realized I was bleeding from a cut above my eyebrow from where I knocked into the rock. 

"Seems like this is a lot more difficult than I initially assumed."

A/N: So I'm still not one hundred but I dyed my hair and it cheered me up a bit. Today I also cleaned my apartment slightly and begun to put up Christmas decorations. I haven't gone over the Characters yet or even figured out a plot line but I should do that soon. Oh, here's a picture of my hair I took this morning when I woke up. Unfortunately, the camera dulls the color a bit. It's more fire truck red. 

Hope you enjoyed the Chapter!!

Love, 

Your Quirky Author