Chapter 21

Nathaniel:

We arrived outside the place I called Hell. When Damon had said that all I needed was the image of the place I had been held in, I'd been uncertain that it would work. Unfortunately or fortunately it had though. 

My heart begun to race and my palms soaked in sweat from nerves. Logically I shouldn't be afraid. Nightmare would help and protect me. If need be, I'm sure Damon would help. Maybe. There really wasn't telling what he would do but I figured he wouldn't leave me to die at the very least because of Lily. 

"With the size of this place it will probably take an hour. If you were to just set the entire place on fire it could probably reduce the time though," Damon thought out loud. 

"No! I can't do that. There's another boy around my age who helped me escape somewhere in there."

Damon had a thoughtful look on his face. 

"Would he be a hindrance to our mission?"

"I don't think so," my nerves were sky rocketing. If the boy was a burden on the mission I had no doubt that Damon would simply kill him to rid of the distraction. 

"Very well. It's better for you to kill up close anyways. Go on then."

It was just one step. Once I took the one step on the path there was no going back. I'd continue down the path until the very end. I stilled my resolve and lifted my foot; taking the first step onto my road of an Assassin. 

Shadow magic clung to my legs to assist with silencing my movements. Everyone seemed to be sleeping aside from the occasional servant or guard that were awake. 

"Nightmare, will you come out?"

"You're not in danger, human. Rest assured that I will appear when needed."

It seemed that this was the best he would get from his Soul Weapon. The night is dark, even Hamidae in the sky could shine light down on this Hell it seemed. 

(A/N: Hamidae is the Planet that is close to Meridia, obscuring most of the sky and giving this planet its light source at night. Their Moon is extremely tiny compared to ours and thus not really a 'moon'. Just imagine a Moon glow coming off an object that is about 30 times larger in the sky.  Below is an image of how it 'semi' looks. There's no ring and the multiple other planet objects aren't there aside from a tiny moon. Plus the planet is purple.)

Hamidae was a beautiful purple color that seemed to pulse with life

Hamidae was a beautiful purple color that seemed to pulse with life. Made me wonder what type of elements were there or if elements existed there at all. Since I'd been locked up most of my childhood I wasn't ever given information on history and the like. 

My feet carried me towards a magical signature that I'd never forget. No matter how much I begged my body to stop it wouldn't listen. It was almost as if a part of me wanted to bask in the blood and torture of the one who'd subjected me to misery throughout my adolescence.