Chapter 3

(A/N: The thing that's different with my Reincarnation book is my MC will literally move on from her past life and fully immerse herself in this one. This is her second chance and she accepts the fact that she is now Lily Clairmount. You've got to understand that, to me, I feel that if someone were to receive another individual's memories it would feel like they were their own memories. There wouldn't be a discrepancy on two different memories but a melding. So although Lily remembers her suffering in the previous life, she is now here and will live her life. Does this make sense? I hope so.. I know this is kind of different from the usual 'Reincarnation into an Otome Game' stories. *Sheepish grin*)

Lily Clairmount:

"LILY!"

The sound of the door slamming open and a man yelling had woken not only me but my daughter up as well. I gave the man a brief glance, realized it was my brother, and then proceeded to rock the baby to calm her down.

"Damon, hush. You scared her," I chastised him in between trying to get her back to sleep.

He gave me a sheepish look as he approached the bed to peer down at the little cherub.

"Ehh~ She looks exactly like you did when you were a baby, Lil."

"Are you referring to her crying face or her actual features," I puffed out my cheeks at him.

He pinched my cheek before sitting next to me on the bed to lay a hand on the baby.

"Both of course," he gave me a side smirk before continuing, "Have you thought of a name yet?"

"I was thinking Helena. What do you think?"

"Helena," his voice held a bit of surprise. It wasn't unusual though since this was a name from my previous life and there was no one in this world with this kind of name. That might sound strange but these specific letters together have really never been used before in Meridia.

This was actually my mother's name in my previous life. Although I may have accepted my new lease on life, I still wanted to have something to remember her by.

"You can choose her middle name since she's half your responsibility as well," I shoulder bumped him as I gave him a smile.

His face turned red and I found it really sweet that he was so happy, that he'd turned red.

"Really? You mean it?"

He was eagerly waiting until I gave him a nod, afterwards he kissed my cheek which made me blush happily.

"How about Rose? Since she looks as beautiful as one, plus they're your favorite type of flower."

"I love all flowers," I argued.

"But Roses are your ultimate favorite," he disagreed.

"I'll agree to disagree. Rose is a beautiful middle name," I turned my attention back to the now wide eyed smiling baby, "Hello, Helena Rose Clairmount. I'm your mommy and I'm very happy I brought you into this world. Grow up and be happy."

I brought her up between Damon and I and watched as she held her little hands out while giggling with drool coming out.

"Damon, I think I should feed her."

He sat there playing with a piece of my hair that rested on my bare shoulder near the three stars marked there.

One thing I'd found out about this world was that people who practiced magic, depending on their status, wore very little clothing. As opposed to my previous world, in this one they wore rather revealing clothing to show off their Magical Markings.

Every Magician had their Levels Magically show up on their right shoulder in the form of glittering Magical stars. They were also powered by your magic. Mine right now were a turquoise that clashed beautifully with my pale skin.

I had a light blue wrap around my breasts and that was all. Luckily I wasn't modest and from Lily's memories I understood this was normal in this world. I'd worn this wrap to not obstruct my stomach or my markings on my shoulder.

Now that the seal had been released on my magic, while I'd slept it had healed my birthing injuries as well as the weight I'd gained from pregnancy. It was a happy surprise for me that I didn't need to worry about weeks of trying to get back to my peak shape again.

"Damon..," I blushed and buried my head in Helena's little tummy, "I can't feed her with you in the room."

He hummed a bit and tugged on the hair he had been twirling around his finger.

"Fine. I'll leave," he sighed dramatically, "My sister doesn't love me anymore and has kicked me out of her room."

"Oh hush! You can come back in after I'm done. Plus, I'm really hungry too."

"I'll have the cook prepare something to eat. When it's ready I'll bring it back here," he leaned over and kissed my cheek again before walking out of the room.

From Lily's memories I knew that Damon often kissed her on the cheek. What an affectionate brother. I couldn't help but smile because I'd always wanted a brother. I'd only had two sisters before.

I began to hum a nursery rhyme as I undid the wrap and begun to feed Helena.

A/N: Sorry, there's another one. You guys don't mind these short chapters right? I may also do time skips because .. who'd want to read a ton of chapters about her feeding, burping, cleaning a baby for a years worth? Anywho.. tell me if you like this. I honestly never thought I'd be writing anything like this so I'm probably the most confused person here. mwahahaha. Urgh, I really want some sushi now after writing that Character Profiling page. -_- Stupid Damon..