Piece of Cake 001

As I have said. I'll update first chapter of PoC after epilogue of Invisible.

So here's a new story for you guys. It's a comedy, romance, fluff, and rated. It's not suitable for young readers. Parental Guidance is advised. Char hahahahaha! Ang daming alam. So eto na nga.

Enjoy! 📖❤

*****

Chapter 1

A beautiful woman with long straight brown hair was sitting behind mahogany desk. Her nicely cut side bangs covering a part of her forehead. Jade Ramos was her name or better known as Jade. She was only 25 year old but had a stable career in Luna Ent. Co., one of the biggest company in Manila. She has been working in the company for 3 years. Her best friend, Batchi Luna was the owner of the company. Rumors spread that Jade's position right now was because of her best friend, but no. Like other people, she was actually started from the bottom. She worked very hard to achieve what she had right now.

Jade was a workaholic. Since the first day she works there, her works was her top priority. She hardly had the time for other things- hanging out with friends for chatting, movies or even dating. Not that she wanted to do that anyway. She was not a social person. She also hardly trust anybody and prefer to do everything on her own.

The clock on the wall showed 8pm sharp. Jade was still in her office, reading a piece of paper which appears to be a contract from a company. She corrected her reading glasses, looking at the file and her computer back and forth.

Everybody has gone home. The night was quiet only to be broken by the sound of her smooth and slender fingers clicking on the keyboard and mouse. All her focus was directed on task at hand, even the knock on the door would not be able to distract her attention. Or she thought.

The door was knocked again. She hissed before responded, "Come in!"

There was a hint of coldness in her tone she used that could cause shiver down to one's soul.

The door opened and a not so tall young woman peeking her head between the door frames. She smiled widely before stepped into the office.

"Hey Jade!" Batchi Luna, the owner and the CEO of Luna Ent. Co. greeted her best friend with a bright smile but only got a 'hmm' from the other woman who was still busy with her work.

"Hey Jade, still working? It past 8 now."

"I have to finish this." Jade answered short.

"I know you are passionate about your works but you should give yourself a good rest too."

"I know how to take care of myself. And what do you want anyway? I don't have time for chit chatting right now."

"Do I need a reason to see you? I came to see because I care about you, Jade. You are my best friend."

"I know you are a best friend but best friend don't disturb each other. Now just tell me what do you want?" Jade asked. Eyes still on the paper.

"Awwwwhh, Jaaaade. I didn't mean it that way. You don't have to be so mad at me," Batchi whined.

"hey quiet!!!" Jade growled. Now her attention has shifted to the other woman, sending her infamous death glare. "And tell me what you want already!"

Batchi smirked, knowing that she had pushed the right button to get the girl's attention. "Well, you must have heard about it. That tonight we will held a little party at Bank bar to celebrate our success in the latest project in Taiwan."

"Yeah, I heard about that. So?"

"Sooo..., I want you to come," answered Batchi short. Jade had made a big effort to get the project and she deserved a time to relax, enjoy and have fun for a while.