Piece of Cake 031

Update! 😁

Enjoy! ❤

●♡●♡●♡●♡●

CHAPTER 31

Six people sitting around the table comfortably with variety of food served in front of them. They all looks happy except the eye smiling girl who feeling left out and ignored by the family especially her girlfriend who paid more attention to Sarah’s friend, Anne.

“Jade, add some more rice. You eat so little,” said Mrs Galura noticing the girl's empty bowl.

“Ah, yes,”

“Eat more Jade. Mom said you like eel? She even cook it for you,” said Cris who sat across Jade. He put some fried eel into Jade’s bowl.

The gesture did not escape Althea’s eyes. She sat between Jade and Anne, while her mother sat in front her. Sarah sit across Anne while Cris on the other side of their mom, across Jade.

“Jade, eat this as well. You won’t find Mom’s cooking when we get back home. Mom’s cooking is the best in town!” Althea proudly stated, putting some vegetables into her girlfriend’s bowl.

Jade wanted to smile when Althea paid attention to her but her hope was crashed when the girl also did the same thing to Anne.

“You also should eat more Anne,"

This causing Sarah to squeal like a fan girl, “Aww, you two are so sweet like a couple!”

'Couple?' Jade's ears perked up.

According to what she heard from their conversation earlier, Anne was Sarah and Althea’s childhood friend. She was two years younger than Althea but older than Sarah. She also was Althea's junior in high school. From how the family treat her, she was very close to them. She couldn't help but think that Anne was not just a childhood friend of them but maybe something more to Althea in the past.

The thought form an uncomfortable feeling in her chest which made her loss her appetite.

----------

“It's already late. Thank you for inviting me and for the delicious food aunty,” Anne said to Mrs Galura and Sarah.

“You are welcome. I’m happy to see you again Anne. Please do come again next time.”

“Yes, I will.”

They walked Anne to the door.

“Ah Althea, can you send Anne back home since it’s already late?” said Sarah suddenly.

“Oh, sure! Jade do you wanna come?” Althea asked Jade who seems like spacing out since dinner.

The girl shook her head, “No, it’s ok. I wanna help cleaning the kitchen.”

“Ok, we'll go first.”

Cris and Sarah went to their respective room while Jade and Althea’s mother were in the kitchen washing the dishes.

“Anne really has grown up into a beautiful woman. It’s been a while after last time I met her.”

“Your family are really close to her.”

“Yeah, they have been friends since childhood. She always came here to play when they are little. So, she is like a daughter to me.”

Jade just smiled bitterly, feeling a little bit jealous towards the other girl.