Piece of Cake 005

UPDATE ❤

●♡●♡●♡●♡●

CHAPTER 5

After don't know how many minutes had passed, Jade finally completed her works. Even though her work was last minute, she felt satisfied to accomplish it in a short period of time.

"Haah, finally! Now what is left is just the final editing of the report and my job here is done!" exclaimed Jade proudly as she pumped her hands upwards. She stretched all her joints and leaned back into the chair comfortably.

"Wait! Where is that girl? Did she gone back already?" Jade scanned around her office only to find the couch which was occupied by the girl just now was empty.

A sound from outside her room startled her.

"What was that?”

Suddenly, the door was opened and revealed the girl she was looking for. Althea was holding a cake decorated with several lighted candles.

"Happy birthday to you~, happy birthday too you~, happy birthday to Miss Ramos~, happy birthday to you~" Althea put the cake on the table. She then cheered and clapped her hands, congratulating Jade.

Jade was utterly speechless. Her hand covering her gaped mouth, "Today is my birthday?"

"Yah! How come you forgot your own birthday?"

Jade glanced at her clock. It’s showed 1.00am and indeed the date had changed to 1st August.

“I forgot it's my birthday tomorrow, well today." Jade smiled.
"But how did you know?"

"Well, I have my ways. Come on blow the candles. Make a wish."

"A wish? What are you? Ten?"

"Hey, making a wish for a birthday can legally be practiced until you die. Come on granny, just blow the candle. I'm starving."

Jade closed her eyes. She did make a wish silently before she blew the candles.

"What do you wish for?"

"The wish won't come true if you tell other people," stated Jade, jotting out her lips at Althea.

"Geez..., I wonder who is ten now."

"Let's cut the cake! Cut the cake! Where's the knife?" asked Jade eagerly.

"Here."

Althea handed Jade the knife and she cut two slice of the cake. One for her and one for Althea.

"Mmmmm…, blueberry cheese cake is definitely my favorite. Did you get this from Blu Cake House?" Jade eat happily and even cut herself another slice.

"Hmm... this is so delicious."

Althea was somewhat mesmerized with the eye smiling girl. She silently looking at her who was cutely digging the cake like a small child. She could see that Jade was really happy, well not with her but with the cake she brought.

"You know, Miss Ramos, you should smile more often. Your eye smile is cute and beautiful."

Althea's sudden compliment caught Jade off guard, "W-well, thank you," said Jade shyly, beaming her eye smile again.

'Aish, did I just blush with that compliment? And since when she had a sweet tooth.'

After filling their stomach, Althea asked, "Do you know how to dance Miss Ramos?"