Epilogue

Jade was sitting on a bench in the park, alone, staring at the beautiful fountain in front of her. She felt cold missing the usual warmness from her lover.

Flashback

Jade had ran all the way from the school field to the nearby road, crying. She had hurt Althea and she regret of what she had done. She felt like turning back to her girlfriend, hugged her and assured that she won’t ever left her side but she didn’t.

She stopped a taxi and went all the way back to the apartment; packed all her things, took her passport and get the earliest flight back to America.

“Daddy...”

Looking at her daughter who suddenly standing at the doorstep surprise Mr. Ramos, “Jade? What are you doing here? Why you didn’t tell me you are coming home? I could have pick you up,” he asked, hugging her daughter tight.

The swollen eyes and some wet trials on his daughter’s cheek worried him.

“Jade! What happen? Did someone hurt you?? Who did this to you??? Is it Althea??”

Jade didn’t answer but just shook her head. She then let herself inside the house but after a few steps she collapse. Luckily her father got a hold of her before she hit the floor and asked one of the maid to call a doctor.

“Don’t worry Mr. Ramos. Miss Jade is just tired that’s all. She just need a rest and she will be alright by tomorrow morning.”

“Alright, thank you doctor.”

Mr Ramos sat on the bed. She tucked the girl’s hair and kissed on her forehead. He wanted to call Althea and ask what happened but he decided until he hear full story from her daughter first.

-x-x-x-

“Daddy…”

Mr. Ramos turn around to see her daughter entered the kitchen.

“Jade you shouldn’t get off your bed yet. I was about to ask the maid to bring your breakfast there.”

“I’m fine already.”

Mr. Ramos just looked at her daughter sitting at the dining table with solemn face. He wanted so much to ask what had happened but decided to wait the questioning until her daughter tell everything herself.

“Daddy,”

He lifted her head to the girl as he was called.

“I love Althea.”

Mr. Ramos lifted her eyebrows. The confession didn’t surprise him as he already suspected it when he came to see her daughter few months ago. “I know.” He answered short, smiled.

“I’m in love with her.”

“I’m aware of that too Jade.”

“You don’t mind?”

“Of course I don't. It doesn’t matter whether he or she. In fact I already noticed when I came visit you last time.”

Jade returned his smiled, glad that her father didn’t freak out of her lover.

“Does she loves you too?” he asked.

“Yes!” Jade answered eagerly. She didn’t know that she sounded a bit rushed. “She loves me so much. And I love her as much too,” she stated firmly but then, she looked down. Looking at her finger. “She had proposed to me….”

“Oh! That’s great then! When is the-”

“But I said no.”

Mr. Ramos turned to her daughter who was crying in her palm. He quickly get up and hugged the latter, letting her cry on his shoulder.