Piece of Cake 030

CHAPTER 30

“Jade, can you stop moving your legs? It’s distracting.” Althea spoke to the girl on the passenger seat next to her. The girl had been shaking her leg uncontrollably and making incomprehensible sound since they left their apartment.

“B-but your family--”

“They are ok. They will like you,” Althea tried to assure the agitated girl. Jade was elated to see her family since they decided two weeks ago but now the girl had become over anxious that made her worry whether it was the right time for them to meet her family or not. Is not that they were going to get blessing from her family. It was for Jade to get to know more about her background.

The car suddenly stop causing Jade to launch forward. Luckily the seat belt saved her from knocking her head on the dashboard.

“Sorry... But Jaade, are you not ready to meet my family? If not then I can turned back and we can just go for our holiday in Japan,” Althea asked in serious tone.

There was a look of worry showed on her face which made Jade felt guilty.

She shook her head twice, “No, I’m ready to meet your family, Tey. I just feel nervous but I’m ok!” Jade said confidently flashing her eye smile to the girl.

Althea returned the smile and unbuckled her seat belt.

“Eh, where are you going?” asked Jad.

“We have arrive.”

“EHHH!?”

Althea’s house was located in suburban areas in Jeonju. It was a medium size double storey house. The house was not that big but it looks clean and tidy complete with some space for house landscape.

“This is my house, the place where I grew up,” said Althea, standing in front of the blue gate of a white painted house.

“Wow! It’s nice...” Jade gulped.

“Let’s go inside. At time like this Sarah (Althea’s younger sister) is still at school and Cris (Older brother) is at the shop but Mom is probably at home.”

“Huh?”

Althea chuckled, looking at her girlfriend who started to panic, “You will see them later, Jade. Relax.”

They both went into the house with Althea holding Jade’s hands. They walked straight to the kitchen. Althea found her mother was washing the dishes at the sink. Her back facing her.

“Mom,” she softly called.

The middle age woman turned around. Her eyes widened at the person she hadn’t seen almost a year standing at the kitchen door.

“Althea!!!!” she ran into the opened arm of her daughter, hugged her tightly. “You came back! Why you didn’t call me first?”

“I wanna surprise you. Hehe.”

“Haish, you never change. Like to see me having a heart attack.”

“Is not like that Mom.”

Jade who was standing at the side, smile at the scene. She scoffed a little to get Althea’s attention.

“Oh yeah, Mom. This is Jade, my girlfriend.”

Jade smiled, trying her best not to appear nervous, “Nice to meet you Mrs. Galura,” she bowed a little showing respect to the older woman. She notice the slight changes in the woman expression. The woman looked surprised and displeased when Althea introduce her as her girlfriend. But later Jade felt a bit glad when the woman gave her a warm smile.