Piece of Cake 003

Chapter 3 is up. Enjoy reading! ❤

Its not that long chapter.

●♡●♡●♡●♡●

CHAPTER 3

On Monday, Jade went to work as usual. Every morning, on her way to the company, she will stop at a cake shop and bought herself a slice of blueberry cheese cake. It had become her routine since the shop had introduced the cake.

She liked the cake very much. Very, very much. Not just any blueberry cheesecake but only that particular cake from that shop. She was addicted to the food. She felt her day would not complete if she didn't eat one. The owner of the cake house had already recognized Jade as their regular customer.

When Jade arrived at the company, everyone greeted her. Of course the workers who work under her were nice to greeted her every day. But knowing Jade, she was the one who wasn't nice enough towards them.

Jade was known as a stern and cold person that nobody actually dare to greet her properly and look at her on the eyes. They were afraid of her death glare of course.

"Good morning Miss Ramos!"

"Morning Miss Jade!

"Morning boss!” greeted them.

The workers greeted her nicely. Or you could say extra nicely. And 'nicely' in here means, Jade could sense there were something behind their greetings. Something was different about their tone and smile. The tone was cheerful and their smiles were wider than usual. Some of them even dare to look at her directly in her eyes.

"Yes, good morning," Jade said coldly and frowned. She quickly walked to her room.

'What the heck? Is my death glare doesn't work on them anymore?'

She put her bag on the table and went to the nearby toilet to check herself.

'Well, nothing is wrong with me. I didn't wear my shirt backward or something. No dirt on my cloth. My make-up was perfect and I didn't have weird smell . Nothing change in me! What's wrong with them? Are they put a prank on me? If they do, they definitely gonna pay for this!'

Satisfy with her appearance, Jade went back to the office. She sat down on her chair as usual and began to take one of the files that were piled up on her table.

Suddenly she heard someone knocked on her door. 'Ah, shit! I know who is coming.' "Come in."

As she expected, the tall woman entered with an annoying smirk on her face.

“Morning Jade.”

“Morning Batch,” Jade tried to control herself to sound less nervous. She opened the file and pretended to look busy.

“How are you today?”

“Fine, thank you.”

“Errr, just fine?”

“Yes of course! What do you expect me to say? What do you mean why? I am perfectly well and healthy as usual.”

“Well… after the party...”

‘No shit! Don’t tell me she knows about me and the girl!’

“Oh, it’s a great party! Fortunately it’s the first and the last party I will go, Batch. You had promised me not to bother me with those invites anymore right?”

“But...”

“But what?”

“In the party...”

“Yes?”

“Do you met someone?”

“Y-yes, I do meet a lot of friends, our co-workers, business partners and our clients of course, nothing unusual. Why did you ask?” Jade began to fidgeting in her seat. Her palm began to sweat.

“Jade, Jade Jade... you think I don’t know?” Batchi took a seat in front of the table.

“Know about what? Can you go straight to the point please?”

“Well, I’m hurt you know. I thought you gonna share your happiness with me without me asking you! I thought we are friends! But it seems that we are not. You know I want to see you happy like me too…” Batchi whined, faking a pout.

“What happiness are talking about Batch? I honestly didn’t get you,” lied Jade.

“Haish… why it is so difficult for you to admit that you really had a blast in the party? I never knew you could dance like that. You should see how the other workers look like when they saw you dance like that before their eyes. Wow! Their jaw almost dropped to the floor! AHAHAHAHA!”

Jade's eyes widened. She blushed.

‘No wonder they all look at me differently this morning. That’s because of that night? But the girl... I don’t even remember her face.’

“So, how’s the girl? Did she treat you nicely? I never know you swing that way too, Jade. If I know, I should have introduced you to my other beautiful friends earlier. Just list you preference. I will find out for you.... bla bla bla...”

Jade was still absorbed with her thought and didn’t listen to what the other woman was saying.

“And you know what? I am so lucky because someone actually recorded what happen last night for me.”

"W-what?”

“Here. Wanna see? It’s in my phone,” Batch handed her phone to Jade.

Jade had a look of horror on her face. She couldn’t believe herself that she had danced like that. The video was not very clear but she could see her own self was dancing with another girl on a passionate manner.

'How could I-- ah, it must be the drink. Wait! The drink!’

“Batchi Luna!!!"

“Yes?”

“Did you put something in my drink?”

“What are you talking about? What drink?”

“THE DRINK!!! The so called special drink that you gave me that night. You drugged me right?”

“Err... I don't know what are you talking about,” Batchi get up from her seat and decided to leave but Jade and was faster and grabbed her on the collar roughly.

“ANSWER ME!”

“YAH! I may put something in it! Uh- I mean no! It happened to dropped in your drink!” Batchi struggled to release herself from Jade’s grip.

"You drugged me Batch!!! You are so dead!”

“Shit, Helljadey is coming out!”

“Anything you wish to say or do before you die Batch?”

“Abby!!! Help me!!”

“Well, unfortunately, she was not here to help you. It seems that you have to die in a bad way. Very very bad way. Say good bye to the world Luna.”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh!”

●♡●♡●♡●♡●

You're so dead batchi! Hahahaha!!!

😂😂😂😂

So how was it so far readers?..