Piece of Cake 021

Update 😉
Enjoy! ❤

●♡●♡●♡●♡●

CHAPTER 21

“Daddy!” Jade ran and hugged the old man.

The man returned the hugged gladly. “How are my little daughter’s doing? I see… you have colored your hair.”

“I’m fine. What are you doing here, daddy? Why you didn’t tell me you wanna come?”

“I wanna surprise you.”

“Well, at least if you tell me, I can fetch you at the airport.”

“Oh, it’s ok.”

Jade released her arms and went to Althea, “By the way daddy. This is-“

“I’m Althea Galura, Jade’s gir-”

“Friend! Althea is my best friend,” cut Jade while flashing her eye smile.

Althea looked at her girlfriend with a questioning look. Nonetheless she shook hand and smiled to Jade’s father.

Mr. Ramos was in his early 50s. But he looks younger than his age. There was no visible white hair except some wrinkle on his face. But when he smiled…

‘Gosh! That eye smile! Now I know where Jade got her shining killer eye smile…’ thought Althea.

“I’m sorry about my behavior just now, Mr. Ramos. I didn’t mean to be rude,” Althea apologized politely, hoping that the man didn’t misjudge her. She needed to give a good impression to him as he is someone important in Jade’s life.

“It’s ok. I understand. I am at fault too. I didn’t introduce myself earlier. I’m glad Jade had another friend. Wait, what is that smell?”

Jade sniffed the air and suddenly remembered her breakfast that was still on the stove. “AH! MY BREAKFAST!!!!”

The redhead girl ran to the kitchen and found that her omelet was burning on the pan. She fanned the smoke away and coughed.

“Jade!” Althea quickly came over. She put on a hand mitten, grabbed the burning pan and put it in the sink under the running tap water.

“Are you ok?” asked Althea worriedly, checking any sign of injury on her girlfriend.

“Na-ah, I’m ok. But our breakfast…” Jade looked sadly at the burning food in the sink.

“It’s, ok we can cook something else,” assured Althea with a warm smile while caressing Jade’s face.

Their intimacy in the kitchen was interrupted as Mr. Ramos came too, “Jade! What are you doing in the kitchen???!”

Three people were sitting at the dining table enjoying breakfast of sandwiches and fried rice. They also had tea and fresh orange as well and all was prepared by Althea.

“Jade, how many times I told you to keep yourself away from the kitchen?” stated her father sternly.

“Daddy, I can cook now. Right Althea?”

“Really?” her father asked disbelief.

“Yeah, Jade can cook simple things but… with supervision,” Althea added, emphasizing the last part.

Jade gave her girlfriend a death glares which the girl simply brushed it off.

“I’m glad Althea is here with you. Really Jade, don’t cook if you are alone. I worried about your safety. Remember, how you almost burnt the whole kitchen last time?”