Piece of Cake 025

Double update for you guys. Kasi wala ako bukas di ako makakapagupdate kaya eto na.hahahaha! I'll go to somewhere. So Enjoy! ❤

●♡●♡●♡●♡●

Chapter 25

"Miss Ramos, at 11 o’clock you will have appointment with the representative from ABCGroup about the project in Seoul.”

"What? Which project is this?” the redhead scowled. “Can someone else go instead of me?"

"Miss Luna has handed the project to Mr. Lee, but he was busy with another project. So he asks you to go on his behalf."

"He thinks I'm not busy with my own work?? Ugh!" grunted Jade. It’s only been three days Batchi has been away to accompany Abby to see her parents in the States. She had trusted the company to Jade while she gone for two to three weeks. And since then, the redhead has been busy like hell.

"Aish... Fine! Fine! It’s 11 o'clock right?"

"Yes, Miss Ramos."

"You can go now Sally. Thanks."

Sharp at 11 o'clock representative from ABC Group had arrived. Jade entered the meeting room and met a tall man with short black hair.

"Sorry I'm late. I had something to handle just now."

The man looked at the Jade with a raising eyebrow, "Jade?" he called.

The redhead frowned at the lack of formality the man had uses but then something struck her mind when she looked at the man closely, "Er-David?"

"Yes Jade, it’s me! What a small world! I'm surprised to see you here!" the man hugged the redhead whom Jade accepted warmly.

David was Jade's classmate during her college in London. They were not close initially but become closer after he was introduced by her roommate, who was also David’s girlfriend. Jade was surprised to see an old friend after quite a long time they had lost contact after they graduated.

"How are you now? You look great," asked David, looking up and down the girl before her.

"Fine, thank you. So, you are working here now, in Seoul? I thought you don't want to leave America." Jade let out a small chuckle.

The man rubbed her neck shyly, "Yeah. I transferred here 3 months ago. I know… stupid of me afraid of flying. Hahaha. The opportunity here is better, so I accept the offer. It’s great to see you again, Jade."

"Me too. So, let’s back to the business shall we?"

"Yeah, sure."

"So how is it? Do you agree with our proposal?"

"Yes. Your plan is very clear and what can I say, you got the deal."

"Great! I will ask Sally to prepare the contract later."

"Sure. Em… So, back to you… Are you married?" asked David while glancing over the redhead’s hands.

"Ah ha, no. Not yet." said Jade flustered.
The man smirk knowingly, "You never change. It must be because of work right? You always push yourself to the limits."

"Hehe you know me. How about you? Still with Jen?"

"Nope, we already broke up last year. But it’s a good one. We both realize we are not good for each other but we are still in contact anyway."

"How is she now?"

"She is fine. She’s getting married maybe next year."

"Oh. And are you ok with that?"