11. It's not a dream. (Garrence)

(Hey guys, Nami here. And just so it's clarified, this is the actual Chapter 11. It's not a dream. Plus Never Ending Stars and Painless have been deleted. Anyways hope you enjoy, tigers. And sorry for not updating.)

Garroth groaned, waking up in a uncomfortable sleep. His bed sheet seemed to be twisted in a knot while his pillow rested on the floor. The slightest moonlight creeping in through the window.

The blonde released a sigh, untangling his sheet from his legs. He had no clue why his body decided to wake in the middle of the night but it surely saved him from being mixed up in his bed in the morning.

Placing his feet on the ground, he slowly got up then walked to the kitchen. The cold floor sending shivers up his spine. The air compared with it from not being breathed in for a couple of hours.

After getting some water to drink, Garroth ran a hand through his messy hair. Another yawn exited his mouth. His eyes scanning the room around him before heading back to his room upstairs. The house seemed extra quiet with Zane spending the night at Travis and Dante's house with Vylad.

But when he returned upstairs, a small whimper was heard if you listened closely. Garroth followed it, dragging his hand along the wall. In the end he was greeted by Laurence's room, the door left open.

Garroth rested his eyes on his friend's sleeping figure. His brown hair looked more wacky than his own. His chest was rising and falling quicker than normal while his body seemed to be shaking.

"Laurence?" He whispered softly not expecting an answer. Garroth rubbed the sleepiness from his eyes.

The whimper was heard again from Laurence, his body curling up as much as possible. Soft mumbles were heard from him.

"Please.... no... " The brunette sounded scared.

Garroth got to Laurence's bed then carefully untangled the blanket around Laurence's shaking body. His breathing increased, small tears forming from the corners of his eyes.

"No... please..... don't..." Laurence pleaded gently in his sleep, beads of sweat forming. "Please....... don't take him...."

Garroth, being confused by his friend's words, started to become concerned. Sitting on the bed next to him, the blonde felt like he should wake him but also didn't want to disturb Laurence from his sleep. Laurence pulled his knees closer to his chest, digging his fingernails into the skin under his knees. (The part you sit on when in a chair) His shorts just short enough to not be caught by them.

Taking a deep breath, Garroth glanced down at his lap for a second. He looked up to the sound of Laurence panting harsh breaths and choking on empty sobs. His limbs shaking, and shivering weakly.

"Please.... please no... " The brunette's voice grew, his tone stuttering.

"Laurence." Garroth said calmly at first, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Tears started racing down his cheeks as he shuttered under Garroth's touch. "Please I beg of you.. Please don't hurt him!... "

"Laurence." Garroth shook his friend.

Laurence whined. "Please don't hurt me.."

This made Garroth hesitant. He cleared his head quickly shaking Laurence harder. "Laurence!"

"GAH!" Laurence jolted awake, breathing deeply.

His eyes scattered around his bedroom before landing on Garroth. The Ro'meave felt so worried about him, his own heart began speeding up.

"Laurence, you alright?" Garroth held his hands on Laurence's shoulders, looking him straight in the eyes.

Laurence was still trembling, tears still staining his face that had grown red. Quick breaths were inhaled and exhaled from his mouth. He released his hands from his legs, embracing Garroth.

Garroth was taken by surprise from the sudden contact. He could literally feel Laurence's shaking body against his own, frightening him about how bad he was shaken up. Wrapping his arms around his best friend, Garroth carefully adjusted their position by leaning against the wall still sitting on the bed. Laurence pulled into his lap comfortably.

Laurence cried, grasping onto Garroth's shirt. Garroth ran a hand through his brown hair, softly whispering things to him like it will be ok.

"They-y.... they were gonna-a hurt you Garroth.." Laurence breathed out.

Garroth shushed him gently, pushing a strand of hair away from Laurence's face. "Who?"

"The Shadow Knights-s..." Laurence's voice grew weak at the mention of the name.

"Who?" Garroth was confused.

"The.... " The brunette took a deep breath then looked up at Garroth. "The Shadow Knights.."

"Wait.. You mean Gene's group?"

Laurence nodded. "It's horrible, Garroth-h.."

"Well the dream's over-" Laurence cut him off.

"No. No, it's not. They'll just-t come back." Laurence's eyes glowed fearfully. Then whispered. "They always do."

"What? Laurence, what's going on?" Garroth wiped away Laurence's tears softly.

"I've been.. been having nightmares-s..." He winced at the memories.

"Of the Shadow Knights? How long has this been happening?

Laurence looked away. "For at least a month and a half now."

Garroth was very surprised. "Laurence, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because.. I thought you wouldn't believe me... " Laurence started to tear up again. "You don't know what they do to me, Garroth."

Garroth stayed quiet, allowing Laurence to go on. Laurence almost choked to force the words out, ending up in him crying.

"They torture me, Garroth. They-y hurt me, make me bleed." Laurence could feel something warm travel down the side of his face but ignored it. He stuck to finishing what he had to say.

"They do anything they want to me. Chain me to a wall, stab me, cut me, force me to swallow down all of my screams causing me to choke up blood. They tease, taunt, and trick me. Made me a knight in my dreams just to make me suffer. They love to threaten me by saying they would murder the ones I care for," Laurence rested his gaze in his lap, warm tears soaking his face. "They... They said they were gonna kill you... Garroth..."

Garroth was well beyond over concerned and shocked by all this. If he knew Laurence suffered so much, he would've helped somehow. "But why me?.."

"Because... " Laurence still looked down, biting his lip. "I care about you too much-h to lose you, Garroth-h."

Garroth carefully took hold of Laurence's hand, then used his other to make Laurence look at him. "You really care about me that much?"

He nodded, feeling slightly comforted as Garroth wiped away his tears. That's when Garroth noticed the he was bleeding.

"You're bleeding." Blood was slowly trailing from the side of Laurence's face. But Laurence himself seemed unphased.

"I'm fine, Garroth," Laurence said softly. "I'm used to it."

"Laurence, that's not safe. You could get seriously sick or hurt."

"I'm forced to go. I have no choice..."

A awkward silence filled the room. Garroth took off his shirt making Laurence blushed lightly. He placed it down beside him, carefully hugging Laurence.

Laurence, still blushing, snuggling into Garroth's chest, hearing his heart beat. Garroth gently moved Laurence's loose hair from his face before using his shirt to clean the blood off his friend's face.

Finding the cut that the blood was coming from, Garroth held it there lightly for a few seconds. Meanwhile Laurence relaxed, calming down to the blonde's scent. He was warm and soft when it came to holding him. Soon he found his eyes growing tired.

Garroth placed his shirt beside them. He held his arm around Laurence protectively, placing a soft kiss on his forehead. Laurence hummed sleepily, for once not having a nightmare about the Shadow Knights in a long time.

"I promise, Laurence," Garroth silently vowed. "I will do all I can to protect you."