33. Fighting practice (Genix)

(Sorry I haven't updated in forever. Btw this is a shadow knight world chapter)

Gene watched as Sasha and Zenix walked over. The leader wasn't going to cut them much slack today in practice. Zenix has been slow on counter attacks and Sasha needs more strength in her grip.

"Why are we here again?" Sasha tilted her head, lazy and confused.

"Because you two need more practice." Gene crossed his arms.

The other shadow knight boy groaned. "Again?"

"Yes again." He poked Zenix's chest, watching his eyes widen.

Sasha summoned her sword. "Why can't we go bother Laurence?"

"Yeah!" Zenix exclaimed, nearly glaring at his boyfriend.

Gene huffed. "Because you two need more practice. End of discussion."

Zenix sighed, summoning his sword as Sasha walked a few paces ahead. He glanced at it before feeling a hit on his side. Yelping, he held his arm.

"Sasha! I wasn't ready!" He complained as the silver haired girl laughed.

"Oh stop being weak, Zenix." She clicked.

"I'm not weak.." He mumbled, looking away.

Gene rolled his eyes. "Start on my command."

Sasha calmed down as Zenix walked to his spot. They both prepared for Gene's command. Zenix grumbled as Sasha smirked, spitting her gum onto the grass.

"What is with that smirk?" Zenix frowned.

Sasha nearly chuckled. "Oh nothing."

"Hm.." Zenix knew it wasn't nothing but had to stay focused.

"Ready?" Gene called, standing to the side.

Sasha narrowed her eyes on Zenix, gripping her sword. Zenix, on the other hand, tried to predict her first move.

"Now!" Their leader's voice rang out in the dark clearing.

Zenix gasped as Sasha dashed at him. He blocked her swing, backing out of range as she hurried to follow. She got annoyed as he did so.

Feeling his heart pound, he saw Gene's stern face. He nearly got lost in his eyes before hearing Sasha, managing to raise his sword in time.

Noticing her struggle, he ducked down. The silver haired female fell to the ground surprised since their blades had been forcing onto each other. She groaned, glaring as she turned to see Zenix had the edge of his own blade to her.

Thinking of a way out of this, she held her hands against the ground, using her feet to knock Zenix off his own. He grunted, feeling his side hit the ground. She quickly got up, retrieving her sword.

"On your feet, Zenix!" The fallen boy heard his boyfriend yell.

He hissed softly, getting out of Sasha's path. He rushed to his feet as told to, lucky to not fall as his friend's sword almost caught him.

Zenix managed a few strikes though they were all mainly blocked. Sasha scowled, giving a breath. Zenix glanced back over to Gene.

Before he knew it, he felt pain in his face. He fell to the ground again, dropping his sword.

"Oops.." Sasha loomed over him. "I think I used too much strength.."

Gene hurried over, looking at Zenix. Feeling a little dizzy, Zenix groaned, not feeling the power to sit up.

"I'm sure he'll live." Gene sighed, kneeling down.

"If you say so.." Sasha walked off.

Gene moved Zenix's hair from his face, seeing his nose bleeding. "Come on Zenix.." He helped him sit up.

"Gene?.." Zenix held a hand to his head before wiping a little blood from off his lip. "Aw man.."

"Come on." Gene helped him stand up, wiping the blood off his face and making sure his nose wasn't badly broken.

"Sasha punched me again didn't she?" Zenix said almost shamefully.

"Yeah. You need to stop getting distracted." Gene replied.

"I wouldn't have been distracted if you weren't watching me.." He mumbled, looking away.

Gene smirked. "What was that?"

Zenix's face flushed. "I- Um.. Well.."

Stuttering, he couldn't find the right words. Gene watched, amused though a bit worried for his still bleeding nose. It was just hard to notice the leader's concern.

"See, I mean.. Well what I meant to say.." He trailed off as Gene placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Chill, Zenix. I won't kill you." He chuckled.

Blushing, Zenix nodded. After licking the blood off his lips, he suddenly grabbed Gene. He kissed the older boy softly before glancing away.

"I.. love you.." He mumbled weakly.

"Hm?" Gene used his hand, moving Zenix's gaze back over.

"I said, uh.." He glanced to see Sasha walking back into the clearing. "Oh look, Sasha's back. Back to practice."

Gene smiled softly as the blushing boy ran off. Shaking his head, he watched before whispering. "Love you too, Zenix.."

Sasha smirked, crossing her arms. "You glad I punched you now?"

"What?! No! That hurt like-" Zenix began shouting. Gene shook his head, amused a bit before returning to the fighting practice.