27. Always (Zanvis)

(Trying to make up from all the time I didn't upload. Lol. Enjoy.)

. Day 1:

The raven cried, curled up against a tree. Warm tears coating his face as he wished so badly to be at home. He knew school wasn't the place for him.

Gene and his gang of Shadow Knights. He just wanted to feel included, to feel like he had a place at school. To have a friend maybe. But no. No one wanted him around.

He sniffled. This was all just a big mess. He hugged his knees closer.

"Um.. A-Are you ok?"

The raven's head slowly looked to see a white haired boy looking down at him. His emerald eyes shining like the sun.

"Who are-e you?.." He wiped off his cheek slowly.

The boy smiled a little. "Travis.. What's your name?"

"Z-Zane.." His hair shifting softly as he looked down.

Travis sat beside him. "Why are you out here alone?.. and crying?"

Zane glanced around. No one was to be seen for miles. So.. where did this Travis kid come from?.. "Um.. It's not important.."

"It must be important if it's making you cry." Travis exclaimed then hesitated before giving a nervous chuckle.

Zane was honestly shocked. "Why would you even care?"

"Cause I hate seeing people cry.." Travis said softly.

The two went quiet. Zane glanced at Travis. The unfamiliar boy was looking at the sky with a smile. The clouds faintly reflecting off his eyes.

Zane cleared his throat. "I just.. don't belong here..."

"At school?.." Travis said curiously.

"Yeah..." He looked down.

"Heh, that's ok.. I don't either.. No one.. Who truly understands me, you know?" Travis rested his arms behind his head.

Zane felt his mind race. He looked up at the sky, his icy colored visible eye showing he was kinda dazed.

"Maybe we can be friends.." Travis gave him a friendly smile.

"I-.." Zane was surprised, thinking for a second. "Maybe.."

They went quiet again. Zane almost forgot why he had cried or how he ended up against the tree. Travis actually wanted to be friends.. He thought on it.

"Hey.. Travis.."

"Yeah?" Travis glanced over at him.

"If we become friends.." Zane took a deep breath. "Promise you'll.. you'll be there when I need you?.."

Travis's eyes gave a warm gaze. "I promise, Zane.. I'll always be there for you.."

. Day 2:

Zane sighed, looking at the entrance of the school building. Mom wouldn't let him stay home and Travis was no where to be seen. He didn't spot any of the Shadow Knights yet either.

Suddenly, anxiety flashed through him. What if they're planning on ganging up on him?? What if they knew he had a new friend and decided to take him away?!

Zane looked around. Travis still wasn't around besides for other students. The Ro'meave looked down, gripping the strap of his backpack.

What if he never truly was his friend and ditched him? What if it was all a joke and he never actually liked me?? What if-