37. Fallen for the one with fangs (Garrence)

(Thanks for all the comments and likes, you guys. It seriously means a lot. Thank you.)

Garroth let Vylad tell his spooky story, sitting around the fire pit like his brothers. They were at a wilderness lodge or camp basically with their parents. Though sadly due to their jobs, they had to leave early, leaving Garroth in charge.

The blonde glanced at Zane who had his head rested on his palm as he itched to go inside. The raven wasn't having a good time. Vylad, on the other hand, was having the time of his life. Garroth was glad for that at least.

"And they were never heard from again." Vylad finished, emerald eyes reflecting sparks from the fire.

"That wasn't scary." Zane scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Well at least I tried...?" Vylad shrugged with a small smile. He sat down.

"Well I thought it was good." Garroth beamed positively to his youngest brother.

Vylad seemed to brighten a bit gratefully. "Thanks."

"You want to tell a story, Zane?" Garroth asked, poking at the fire with a stick.

"My stories are too scary for you guys to handle." He looked away with some strange pride.

"Oh really?" Garroth chuckled, glancing at Vylad who was curious.

"Really." Zane nodded, not showing he was lying.

"I want to hear one." Vylad encouraged, looking interested.

"Yeah." Garroth placed the stick down after picking at the wood in the fire.

"Oh um.." Zane thought for a second, trying to hide a bit of nervousness. "There's one I heard about this forest but nah, you two couldn't take it."

"No! Tell us!" Vylad was more interested as his older brother refused to tell them.

"Well.. it's said that in these trees, among this land, lives mythical creatures that only appear at night." Zane tried to recall correctly.

"Like werewolves?" Garroth asked, resting his elbows on his knees.

"No! Just listen!" Zane sighed, annoyed. "They say the creatures feast off of other beings, letting their hunger control them. They're said to leave their prey blood free and as cold as stones in the snow."

"That sounds a little concerning." Vylad admitted. "What are these creatures called?"

"How should I remember? They can never be caught and no one has physical proof of them. The creatures apparently stay away from all socialization." Zane explained.

"Vampires?" Garroth glanced at Vylad who shrugged nervously.

"Now that sounds stupid." Zane huffed, adjusting his mask.

"You don't think those creatures will come after us.. Right?" Vylad asked hesitantly. The brunette looked a little scared.

"No. It's just a story, Vylad. They can't get you." Garroth reassured him, standing up.

"Or maybe they will." Zane snarled at their younger brother, smirking as Vylad squeaked, nearly falling back.

Garroth sighed but smiled a bit. "I'm going to go get more fire wood." He walked to the forest path as Vylad tried to stutter a response then gave up trying.

"Don't let the creatures get you." Zane teased.

"Stop!" Vylad's fearful cry in the background as Garroth walked off.

The oldest Ro'meave son adjusted his jacket a little from the cold. He hoped retrieving the wood would be quick. He heard a rustle, looking back but saw nothing. Maybe it was just the wind.