23. A In'zane' Accident. (Zanvis)

(Yes, the name is supposed to be there. Enjoy.)

Travis opened the door to his house he shared with Zane. He had just returned from an over night shift from work that he offered to cover for an absent worker. But when he looked inside, he stopped.

Some of the things around the house were on the floor. Broken pieces from dropped or fallen objects layed on the ground here or there. The lights were all off as well.

Travis was confused. He closed the door then placed his shoes down beside it. It was quiet, very quiet. Travis walked to the kitchen.

He turned on one of the light switches. The light turned on flickering unevenly.

"What the....?" Travis looked to the floor, finding some of the glass cups had shattered into pieces.

Zane. Travis hurried upstairs, avoiding the mess. He got to their room opening the door.

Zane was sleeping on top of the bed. The raven had on black shorts, and a dark grey shirt. Travis sighed in relief that his boyfriend wasn't seriously hurt or wasn't taken by some stranger.

Quietly closing the door, Travis went back downstairs to clean up. He carefully picked up all the broken bits, placing things back where they needed to go, and was able to fix the light. He exhaled when he finished looking around at the cleaned house.

What had happened though to cause all this, Travis thought curiosity, glancing up the stairs.

He went back upstairs. The white haired male went into their bedroom, changing into something more comfortable. Yawning he sat on their bed, looking over at Zane.

The raven stirred a little, curling up more. Travis watched as Zane buried his head into his arms. His hair kinda messy.

Travis noticed how the Ro'meave winced slightly as he moved his foot. He looked down at it to see a piece of glass cut into it. Dried blood stained about it.

Blinking to make sure he wasn't seeing things, Travis clearly could see it. He tried to get a better glance at it but Zane curled up a little more. Travis winced.

"Zane." He carefully shook his boyfriend's shoulder.

Zane groaned tiredly, only to pull away being in a sleepy phase. Travis sighed, running a hand through his hair. He had to get that glass out.

He went to get some bandages, something to clean the cut, and something to pull the glass out. He came back, placing the objects beside him on the bed. Travis had grabbed a small towel as well.

"Zane." Travis tried to wake him again, gently moving a few lose strands of hair from his good eye. "Zane."

Zane once more slept through it. Travis carefully adjusted the raven so he was leaning into the taller male.

The glass in his foot looked concerning for Travis about how Zane got up to their room with it in. He put the towel under his foot then cautiously moved Zane's foot. Zane hummed tiredly, cuddling into Travis.

Travis placed a small kiss on his forehead. "It's ok." He reassured his lover, hearing him suck in his breath in discomfort as Travis lightly held his foot.

Travis took a deep breath himself before kinda quickly yet carefully pulling the piece of glass out. Zane grasped onto his shirt tightly, almost punching him if he hadn't recognized it was Travis. Tears building from his winced shut eyes.

"It's alright now, Zane." Travis whispered to him, placing the glass away from them. He gently used the small towel to clean the fresh blood, cautious not to touch the open cut.

Zane winced again feeling his boyfriend clean his wound. He tried not to jerk even though it hurt badly. He didn't watch, he didn't even wanna look.

"Travis...?" Zane whispered weakly before grasping his shirt again, feeling Travis spray some medical stuff on his foot.

Travis almost winced himself because of how much Zane was holding onto him. He carefully bandaged the wounded foot ignoring Zane's pained jerks and shifts.

Once he was done, he moved the stuff to the side, placing the glass in the towel so they wouldn't get hurt by it. Zane slowly calmed down, his grasp weakening.

Travis kissed his forehead again then stood up. He softly placed Zane down on the bed. He then grabbed the stuff going to put it away.

Something held onto his shirt. He looked to see Zane giving him a weak look, slight tiredness in his eyes.

"Please.. don't go.." He said lightly almost shaking.

Travis smiled, giving Zane a quick peck. "I'm gonna come back. I promise."

Zane nodded. Travis went to dispose of the glass piece. Then he put everything else up while also grabbing Zane's phone he spotted by the bedroom door.

He went back to the bedroom. When he placed Zane's phone down beside the bed, Travis saw Zane tiredly looking at him. Travis gave a hummed chuckle before laying beside his boyfriend.

Zane cuddled into his chest again, burying his face into Travis's shirt. "Thank you, Travis..."

Travis put his arms around Zane, kissing his forehead. "No problem, Zane.."

Zane sighed softly. Travis understood what he meant. He gently stroked Zane's black hair, slowly calming to the sound of Zane's relaxed breathing.

What happened, was the one thought burning in Travis's mind. But he knew it wasn't worth asking the raven at the moment. He looked down at him.

Zane had fallen back asleep, his face buried into Travis's chest. His arms hugging onto him lightly. Travis smiled a little. He nuzzled his nose into his boyfriend's hair. All that mattered was that he was ok.