29. Just cause (Genix)

(I couldn't find a pic.. Enjoy anyways! First Genix chapter ever! And also just started a new one shot book so if you want to, go check it out.)

"Kitty this, Kitty that. What's sssooo special about Kitty?" Zenix grumbled, messing with his locker.

"You know why, Zenix." Sasha responded, leaning against the locker beside his.

"I know, I know, just... Ugh!" Zenix shut his locker loudly. "Just what makes her so special to Gene?!"

"Seriously Zenix, what's- Oh.. Oh I know what this is about." Sasha smirked.

"What?! What are you talking about?" Zenix started to fear for the worst.

"You're jealous that Gene is giving all his attention to her aren't you?" The white haired girl had grown more used to Zenix's emotions and how he expressed them by now.

"What? Pffft no." He nervously laughed, looking away as he tried not to show that she was right.

"Mhm. Sure." Sasha chuckled softly as their leader walked over.

"What is this about Kitty now???" Gene raised an eyebrow.

"Wha- Oh Gene!" Zenix said startled. "Who said anything about Kitty? Heh."

"I'm pretty sure you just did." He narrowed his eyes as he nudged the younger one's shoulder.

"He did." Sasha chuckled lowly as she walked off down the hall.

"What?! Sasha! Some friend, huh?!" Zenix called out as she left.

He gulped as Gene gave him an unamused look. His stomach twisting inside as Gene stood there in front of him.

"Um- Well, I have a good reason for talking about Kitty! Honest." He rushed to say as the older teen had him backed against the wall.

Gene gave a tiny snicker, a little amused now. "Ok then. Spit it out."

"Ok well- Wait." Zenix became confused. "You're.. not upset at me for talking about her?"

"Dude, she's Kitty. It's not like I'd murder you over it." Gene chuckled at the shorter male.

Zenix rubbed his neck, a soft pink covering his face. "So.. We should go find Sasha-"

The teen blushed more as Gene kissed his lips softly. Gene had a smirkish smile as his shadow knight friend blushed harder.

"I.. I-I.." Zenix brought his fingers to his lips as Gene started to walk off where Sasha went to.

"Well?" Gene looked back at him.

"Huh?.." Zenix glanced over at him, embarrassed.

"Are you going to join us or are you just gonna stand there stuttering?" He crossed his arms, definitely amused.

"Oh-h, yeah!" Zenix hurried over to his leader. "By the way.. What was that for?.."

"Just cause." Gene snickered as Zenix blushed still, looking away.

(Time Skip)

Sasha popped her gum in her mouth as she placed the spray paint can down. "There, Gene."

"Nice." Gene glanced at the shadow knight logo that they just finished tagging on a wall at the park.

Zenix was in a daze, still thinking about how Gene kissed him just the day before. The boy glanced down as his heart pounded.

"Zenix? Zenix!" Gene yelled at him.

"Ah! What?! Who?!- Oh.. heh.." He rubbed his neck softly as Gene almost glared at him.

"What's with you?" Gene questioned him.