24. He returns (3. Kai x Ein)

(I'm so so so so so sorry for not updating in a very very long while. I've been very very busy and writing was forgotten in my mind. Please forgive me. Anyways something new crossed my mind. Enjoy, tigers.)

Kai sighed, hearing the teacher ramble on. The mei'fa looked out the window distracted. After all of this, Ein agreed with multiple suggestions that he should gain some life experience from military training, helping him in ways Kai nor Aphmau couldn't.

Kai, even though he supported Ein, couldn't help but miss his werewolf boyfriend. Aphmau and the others had helped keep him alive on his feet during this time. But anyone could tell the changes Kai had gone through.

His eyes barely sparked, his ears always slightly down. He'd smile sometimes but it was hard to keep. Some nights he cried himself to sleep, afraid that when Ein returned, they'd break up or something else bad would happen.

"Kai? Kai."

"Huh?" He looked over at the teacher, they were the only two in the room.

"Class is over." She patted his shoulder before walking back to her desk.

Kai nodded, standing up. He grabbed his bag then walked outside into the hall. It was empty since the school day was over.

He sighed again, walking down the hall. His ears back and his tail swaying lifelessly. Kai stayed quiet as his mind went blank.

"Kai!"

Kai looked behind him to see Aphmau running over to him. "Hi Aphmau."

"Hey!" She smiled.

"I thought you left by now." His ear twitched in confusion.

"Well normally but today's special." She giggled.

"Why?.. What's so special about today?" He asked softly.

"Come on." She lead him down the hall.

After a little while, the two had went their own ways to change into normal clothes before meeting up outside the school.

"So Aphmau, what's going on?.." Kai just wanted to go home.

Aphmau looked happy. "Well let's just say you got a surprise waiting for you."

"A surprise?..." He trailed off even more confused.

"Mhm." Aphmau nodded.

"What kind of surprise???" He tilted his head a little.

"A good one."

"Pffft- that doesn't clarify anything." He gave a half weak chuckle.

"Heh yeah I know." She giggled softly.

Something covered Kai's eyes. The mei'fa's tail waved in slight concern.

"Um.. What's going on?" Kai asked, his hands going up to his eyes to feel a pair of hands over them.

"Your surprise!" Aphmau giggled.

"Um.. Ok?" Kai carefully moved the set of hands, taking a look behind him.

Ein stood there in a dark blue hoodie, and black jeans. He glanced at Kai, smiling.

"Oh my Irene!" Kai had already teared up, hugging his boyfriend tightly.

Ein chuckled, hugging him back. The werewolf rubbed his back gently as Kai cried against his shoulder.

"Sshhh.." Ein caressed his head, placing a light kiss on his ear.

Kai looked at him, smiling. Ein wiped away his tears, watching as he calmed down a little from crying to death. Giving a small hiccup, Kai hugged his boyfriend close again.

Ein pulled Kai's legs up around his waist as Kai didn't let go. He looked at Aphmau who was trying not to squeal.

"Thank you.." Ein mouthed to her.

She nodded, silently walking off to leave the two alone. Ein's tail wagged as he glanced back at Kai. The slightly smaller male cried silently, a faint purr in the back of his throat.

"I missed you.." Ein said softly as Kai wiped his tears away.

"I missed you too Ein.." Kai's cheeks tinted light pink from his breathing.

Ein chuckled. "Yeah Aphmau told me."

"She did?.." Kai felt one of his ears twitch.

Ein nodded, kissing his boyfriend's nose. Kai grabbed onto the front of Ein's hoodie, kissing him on the lips. Melting into it, Ein's hands traveled down to his lower waist.

Their tails twinned as their lips moved passionately against each other. Kai's hand moved up to Ein's hair, running his fingers through it.

Ein pulled away. "I love you, Kai."

"I love you too.."

They two kissed again letting themselves forget about the world around them. Ein softly bit Kai's bottom lip. Kai mewed in response, allowing the werewolf to continue. Their tongues now dancing as Kai purred.

Ein listened to his purring, pulling away again after a little bit. Kai gave a short breath before snuggling his head against Ein's neck. Ein smiled, hugging him close in return. A small tear falling from his eye.