26. His SK wakes (Garrence)

(This chapter is takes part after the chapter It's not a dream. Also I made this a couple of months ago and didn't finish it until now.. so yeah... Enjoy, tigers.)

Laurence could've swore he heard Garroth promise something under his breath but that could've just been him. Now the question is, where is he? Once Laurence had closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep, he woke up in a sunny meadow. He didn't recognize it at all.

He felt a soft breeze that shifted his hair. The grass green and the sun warm. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes.

. . . . . . . .

Garroth carefully placed Laurence back on his bed. He had just woken up from being asleep with Laurence on top of him. After last night, he didn't want to disturb the brunette.

He grabbed his shirt, quietly exiting Laurence's room. Shivering from the cold air, Garroth changed his clothes before heading to the kitchen.

Despite wanting to hold his best friend until everything was alright, Garroth was determined to talk to Lucinda about Laurence's dreams. He stopped at the stairs, hearing rustling produce. He glanced behind him then followed it.

It once again led to Laurence's room. The brunette seemed distressed in his sleep, grunting almost in pain. Garroth almost winced himself, rushing over to him.

"Laurence." He shook the sleeping boy.

Laurence jerked awake quickly. He gasped, sitting up. His blue eyes took one second to spot Garroth, making him jump back. Fear flashing in his gaze.

"Laurence?" Garroth held a hand out to him.

Laurence flinched, backing away. "No! Stay away!"

"Laurence, are you ok?" Garroth was concerned.

"Don't hurt me! Just stay away!" The blonde saw him well enough scared. Laurence shivered, tears building up.

"Ok, ok," Garroth got off the bed carefully. "I'll be right back."

Laurence watched his best friend leave. What happened...

. . . . . . . . . .

He reopened his eyes, he inhaled with shock.

Everything was burnt, smoke trailing the sky that was a shade of red. The sun wasn't seen. The trees were black with no leaves, the grass was gray dust.

Laurence glanced down at his hands. They were covered in dark, red blood, dripping down to the horrified earth. A sudden pain jolted into his leg.

"Ah.." He groaned painfully, falling to the ground. He held onto his leg, finding blood pool from a stab wound. He hissed lightly. Gene....

"Got him, sir." Wait that's not Gene's voice...

"Good work.." Gene appeared in front of him. "...Garroth."

"What?!" Laurence's eyes widened, seeing a shadow knight Garroth appear at Gene's side.

"Thank you, sir." Garroth quickly saluted.

Laurence felt warm tears form the more he stared at Garroth. Sasha and Zenix walked up on Gene's other side, grinning with evil.

"What the..." Laurence grunted, feeling pain wave through him.

"Silence!" Gene snapped at him. "As you can see we have Garroth."

Laurence tried to follow Gene's gaze as the taller male circled him. A devilish smirk played upon his face. The injured knight let his head hang, his hair shielding his eyes.