12. His lighter side. (Zanvis)

(Hey tigers, I just wanted to let you know that if anyone has any requests, I'm always open to listen. Anyways enjoy.)

Laurence, Dante, and Travis walked down the sidewalk to the Ro'meaves' house. It was after school, and the three had planned with them to hang out.

"Well, I actually think that Garroth doesn't play Final Fantasy." Laurence confessed, leaving Dante surprised.

"Really?" He faced the brunette.

"Really." Laurence confirmed.

"Well, it'd be no surprise at all if Garroth played Zelda." Travis added. The other two agreed.

Dante then remembered that Zianna and Garte weren't there because of family business as they reached their friends' front door. "Anyways, it's better than being stuck with Gene and his shadow knights group."

Laurence seemed to shiver at the mention of Gene's name. He then stopped Travis from ringing the doorbell. "Garroth said that the door would be unlocked."

He proved his point by opening the door. Laurence entered the house, calling out. "Garroth, it's us."

"Upstairs." The blonde responded. The brunette headed upstairs.

Travis looked to his right to see Vylad sitting cris-cross in front of the coffee table, eating cereal while watching tv. His green eyes seemed to brighten when he noticed the three walk in. Although he didn't move his eyes to meet Travis's, he waved. The white haired boy waved back, turning to see Dante smirk, folding his arms.

"Hey, Vylad." Dante spoke out smoothly.

Vylad froze, a warm blush spreading across his face. He also fumbled for words. "Hey-y.."

Dante snickered softly. "I wonder what's keeping Laurence and Garroth so long?"

Travis studied the room as Dante went upstairs. He noticed Zane sitting on the couch behind the coffee table, staring at his phone.

"Um hey Zane.." Travis nervously took a few steps into the living room.

Zane's head shot up, fear flashing quickly through his visible eye. Worry was seen on his expression cause he wasn't wearing his mask. He looked kinda cute.

The two boys shared a few seconds of awkward silence before Vylad interrupted it. Giggles filling the air.

"Zane... Zane, who let... who let Lainy in..." A golden retriever had crawled on Vylad, licking him.

Zane rolled his eyes. "Lainy, down."

The dog obeyed, sitting next to the smaller boy. Vylad, finally catching his breath, sat up, then ruffled the dog's golden fur.

"Woah, since when did you guys get a dog?" Travis was a little amazed at how well Zane took control of the big animal.

"Actually, we found her during camping two weeks ago." Vylad returned to his cereal as Lainy seemed to be watching tv with him when really she was watching him eat.

"Pain in the back she is." Zane mumbled, getting to his feet. He sighed before going into the kitchen.

Travis looked to see Attack on Titans playing. He hadn't really gotten into the whole anime thing yet but he's heard so much about it.

"So Attack on Titans, huh?"

"Yeah, my other show isn't on right now. Lainy, no." Vylad warned her as she leaned closer. She backed away a little.

"I've never really gotten into the whole anime thing." Travis confessed.

"Well I'm not really into much either. I'm more of a manga reader. Lainy, no." Vylad scolded the dog again, pulling his bowl away.

"That's understandable for you, since you're a major reader."

"Yeah it honestly is-" Vylad cut himself off by yelping out in pain.

Travis looked over to see Vylad holding a bleeding hand, Lainy eating the remaining food in the bowl that he dropped. "Vylad, you ok?" He sat next to him.

"Ow." Vylad released a pained groan. "Zane!"

Travis sat there quietly, then picked up the bowl that the dog left. Zane walked in, kinda annoyed.

"What, Vylad-" When he noticed Vylad, he rushed to his brother's side. "What happened?"

"Lainy.. She.." Vylad started to cry, letting Zane take hold of his injured hand. "She bit me... trying-g to get.. food."

Zane shushed him softly. "I'll be right back ok?" He promised, earning a teary nod from Vylad.

Travis placed the bowl on the coffee table Vylad was leaning against, amazed by what he just witnessed. He sat next to the crying boy placing a hand on his shoulder.

Zane walked back in with a small box. He sat on his knees beside Vylad, setting the box beside him. Lainy came back in, wagging her tail. When she approached the boys, Vylad whimpered lightly, hiding slightly behind Zane.

"Outside." Zane commanded the dog twice. Lainy whined but obeyed, retreating to the backyard.

Zane carefully took hold of Vylad's hand, examining it more closely. Wasn't too bad but it wasn't a simple scratch. Blood had started to soak his small hand.

The blacked hair teen pulled out a cloth, cleaning the blood around the wound. Vylad continued to cry, leaning his head on Zane's shoulder. When Zane finished cleaning the blood, he gave his little brother the end of his jacket sleeve.

Travis, being confused and slightly frightened, stayed quiet. He watched politely, keeping to his own space.

Vylad's good hand gripped Zane's wrist, his tears died down. Then when Zane sprayed disinfected stuff on it, he winced, tears forming quickly. His grip on Zane's wrist tightened fast, his fingers digging into his sleeve. Travis was in shock of experiencing this.

Zane kissed Vylad's forehead before cleaning around the wound again. He then as gentle as possible wrapped it in bandages.

Once Zane was done putting the stuff back in the box, the brunette embraced his older brother. He buried his face into Zane's jacket. Releasing a sigh, Zane hugged him back letting Vylad feel safe.

After Vylad let him go, he went to put the box up. Both emerald eyed boys shared a look. Vylad carefully got to his feet, offering Travis a hand with his good one. Travis accepted it, smiling softly.

Zane walked back in glancing over at Vylad. A small smile formed on his face. "I think mom left chocolate chip cookies.."

Vylad's expression brightened. He walked over to him, giving him a small hug. "Thanks Zane."

Zane hummed a chuckle as Vylad pulled away to look at him. He wiped away the final tear on the young Ro'meave's face. Sharing a smile.

"Cookies!" Vylad cheered, running to the kitchen.

Zane watched him with a smile. When he looked over at Travis, he blushed lightly. Travis smiled back at him. Zane nodded to Travis in what seemed acceptance before joining Vylad.

Travis's eyes glowed warmly from it. Maybe Zane isn't all that bad..

(To be continued...)