#109• Vik Imagine

▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪

Requested: silentnight101

Song: Stressed Out by Twenty Øne Pilots

Warnings: None

¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪

I REALLY LIKE THIS CAUSE I THINK IT REALLY SHOWS THE STRESS THAT SCHOOL IS PUTTING ON PUPILS. PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU THINK I AM RIGHT OR WRONG.

Y/N POV.

'I was told when I get older, all my fears would shrink'

That wasn't true. Fears were all around us. Especially in highschool. The stress ate away at people motivation. It spread like wildfire. It was toxic and deadly. Stress was a killer. Fear was a spell. It took control of the host and made stupid decisions.

High school was filled with all three of those things. Fear, Stress and stupid decisions. We were all scared of failure, of receiving the next text, school, lectures, pop quizes. High school was not fun.

But here I was, trying to pull yet another all nighter. I heard a knock on my door and answered it only to reveal my boyfriend. Vik. He knew I was stressing out.

"Hey babe, you doing school work?" I nodded and he followed me into my room where all my books and papers were spread out. Vik had his own bag to study. We generally studied alot together. Sometimes we could get distracted and end up cuddling. 

'Wish we could turn back time,to the good old days.'

Since we usually study together, I miss what we used to do. Just hang out, play games. Be children. Have fun. I turned to face Vik as he took a seat next to me and clicked his pen.

"Do you miss the days where we had no worries. The biggest problem was who was getting shotgun. How did things go wrong so quickly?" Vik looked at me worriedly. He knew how I was feeling.

"Y/N...yes of course I wish we could be so carefree but high school pressure won't allow it. I promise that when we leave highschool we will go back to normal. Now we just have to survive this, together,"

'Now we're stressed out,'

I looked at the list of assignments all due this week.

• History research
• History speech
• History powerpoint
• English analysis
• English essay
• Math assignment
• Science project
• Science construct
• Math Extension study

How was I going to get that all done? It wasn't possible. Even if I stayed up all night for the next few days, it wasn't possible. It also wasn't fair that I had a part time job at the local Chinese shop that took up time.

So much pressure.
So many demands.
So much stress.

'It would remind us of when nothing really mattered'

I had flashbacks from when I was a kid. When we laughed and played. Vik and I were small and innocent and happy. We squealed as we played tag in the park and fell in the sand. We would go over to each others house and build forts and play with our food.

Then when we got a little older, around 10 years old, we did our daily homework and then went outside straight after and played with all of our friends.

Then around 15, a little harder. Did a few hours of work, maybe stressed a little. We confessed to each other and started dating. Our biggest worry was telling our parents.

Now. Now everything has changed. No more play time. No more breaks. We get home, we work, we get to school we work even in our lunch times just trying to keep up.

'Used to dream of outer space, but now they're laughing at our face,'

"Hey Vik?"

"Yes Y/N," he said not looking up from his book.

"What did you dream of being when you were a kid?" He stopped and looked at me.

"I wanted to be an astronaut and you wanted to be a dancer right?"

I nodded and tried to focus on my work but it got me thinking.

"What do you want to do know though Vik?"

"Now, well I don't think I've got the grades for astronaut. My teacher said I can't do it. So I don't really know. There's so much pressure to decide what I want,"

I thought about it even more. Vik knew what he dreamed of being. But that dream was taken away by a single demand of a grade.

They tell us what we can and can't do. They tell us we need to be independent but we have to ask to use the bathroom. They tell us to think about our future but they carve our pathways and block roads. They tell us to be individual and unique, yet they dress us up all the same and tell us to act a certain way.

What is wrong with the school justice system?

Everything?

'When our Momma sang us to sleep,'

"Y/N it's been a very long night. We haven't even dinted out work. Let's just get a good night rest. We both need it. We can wake up early and get a early morning start on it." Vik stands up and closes both of our books.

I don't even try to stop him. I was exhausted. I needed sleep. I turn off the lights and we lay on my bed. Some nights we went to sleep as soon as our head hit the pillow. Sometimes we laid awake all night thinking of the work we have.

Other nights we cry ourselves to sleep when it all gets too much. Having Vik beside me helped me get a good night sleep. Only to wake up tomorrow, to have yet another stressful day.  We need sleep to regenerate ourselves and prepare for tomorrow.

'We're stressed out'

¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪

There you go I hoped you liked it xx
~
3 posts today ❤

Published: 8.11.17
Edited: