CHAPTER FOUR

Yumnah was running to class since she was extremely late.Again.She really needed to start catching an earlier bus inorder to avoid the afternoon traffic.

As she turned the corner,she almost collided into a man carrying a ladder.She went staggering backwards but quickly held on to the nearby staircase railing for support.

"I am so sorry.I wasn't looking," she said catching her breath.She was now totally late.Ustadha was going to  roast her for sure.

"Sister, are you okay?" said another man who came rushing down the stairs.She looked up and their eyes met and Yumnah didn't fail to notice his dark blue eyes.

The man immediately averted his gaze and she too lowered her gaze.

"Yes brother, sorry it was my fault.I  was in a rush since i am late for my class."

She let out a gasp as she remembered her class and immediately ran up the stairs like lightning sending the poor man holding the ladder staggering backwards.

Khaleel immediately held on to the ladder, an amused expression on his face.

"Women! This was the second time she almost made me fall Sir," said the man, an annoyed look on his face.

Khaleel nodded in understanding, a small smile on his lips.It had been a bit funny though.He couldn't deny that.He could still remember her flushed face and how she had almost hit the floor.He wondered how much late she really was to send her flying to class like that.

"Yallah, we better make a move if we want to finish the work on time," he said clearing away her thoughts and holding  on to the ladder to help.

They couldn't risk falling for a third time.

************************************
Yumnah burst the door open only to find the girls in different groups chatting and giggling.Seems like Ustadha had not yet arrived.

Great.

She had almost killed a man carrying a ladder.Twice. She placed her palm on her face as she thought of how embarassing that had been.And that other man had been there too.Good going Yumnah, she mentally screamed at herself.They probably must be thinking of her as a lunatic.

She made her way to her group of friends who were sitting by the large window.She quickly pulled up a chair at the same time listening to her friend Saadia gush about her dream husband.

Yumnah shook her head.Whenever Ustadha was late, the girls would begin to discuss the marriage topic.Who could blame them anyway?Most of them were of marriageable age and some of them Alhamdullilah, were even engaged.

"I want a husband who can cook," said Madiha, a dreamy look on her face.She was a food lover but unfortunately for her, she was a natural disaster in the kitchen.

"He better know how to cook, otherwise you guys will have to live on air," added Saadia which sent all the other girls including Madiha herself into fits of laughter.

"As for me, my husband better be going to the gym.I love taking care of myself and i believe that my husband should do the same," said Iman.

Yumnah listened intently.Did she have any expecations from her future spouse?Not really.She had never even thought about it.She always believed that marriage was supposed to be made easy and having too many expectations would just complicate things.

She wondered if Yasir had any specific qualities he wanted  in a wife.

"What about you Yumnah?What quality would you like in a husband?" asked Saadia breaking Yumnah out from her reverie.

"Umm,he should be able to breathe?" she answered, sending the girls into more fits of laughter.

************************************
Khaleel carefully watched as the worker scrapped away the old paint from the Masjid's walls.His uncle had told him to supervise the work himself inorder to ensure that all turned out okay.

He worked for his uncle, who owned one of  the biggest construction companies in Canada.Khaleel himself was an orphan but his uncle had taken care of him like his own son and after he had completed his studies he had been made him the manager of the marketing department.

Currently his uncle and family had flown to London for his cousin, Yasir's graduation.His uncle had specially requested him to overlook the painting of the masjid and he did not want to let him down.

From where he stood, he could not help but listen to a group of girls talk about their future husbands.Unfortunately for him, this was the only spot left that required be painted and he needed to stand there to ensure that the painter did not mess up.

He mentally threw up numerous times as he listened to some of the qualities the girls mentioned.He shook his head in disbelief.If these were the qualities girls wanted then he for sure was going to remain single forever.

"What about you Yumnah?What quality would you like in a husband?"

Khaleel listened in, expecting for an obviously horrific answer.

"Umm,he should be able to breathe?"

His head had immediately snapped towards the window.He knew that voice.It was the girl from the stairs.

Her answer had amazed him.Maybe she had said it as a joke, but it meant alot.It was not all materialistic and a breathe indeed was a gift from Allah.

He now knew her name also.

Yumnah.

Which meant happiness.And he for sure did feel happy just saying her name.

A blush crept up his cheeks.Maybe he had found the woman of his dreams.

************************************

"Mabrook my son, we are all proud of you."

"JazakAllah Mama," said Yasir, a wide smile on his face.

He had finally graduated.He was now ready to start a new chapter in life, Alhamdullilah.He was extremely happy today but mostly because he could now go back home.Finally.

His father had promised that he could join the family business as soon as they got back home.He couldn't wait to go to work with Hisham and his father.

"Alhamdullilah,now we have to get you a wife just like Hisham," said his mother.

"Hisham is getting married?When?"

"We have found him a suitable girl, but your brother is stubborn to even go meet her."

"Mabrook bro," said Yasir.This was good news.His brother was finally settling down.

Hisham let out a loud grunt and Yasir couldn't help chuckling.

"Now you are next Yasir," said his mom.

"No Mom, i dont want to get married."

"Aww, look at you blushing," said his mom as she pinched his cheeks.

Yasir did not understand why his mom was cooing all over him.He definately was not blushing.He had been very serious when he had said that he did not want to get married.

He was very sure about it.

Not now.

Not ever.

PLEASE SUPPORT THE BOOK BY VOTING :)

IT REALLY WOULD MEAN ALOT.

MASALAAM GUYS :)