CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The sales girl at the flower shop amusedly watched the Hosseini brothers argue over which flowers they wanted buy.She had never felt this entertained for the two years she had been working in that shop.

"Bro,i am telling you,buy the red roses.Girls like red," said Hisham.

He couldn't wait to get out of that flowershop.There was a bunch of pink roses right next to him and well, as everyone knew,he was "allergic" to pink.He quickly made a mental note to buy antihistamines from the pharmacy on their way back.

"Since when did you know so much about girls and red?Did you buy some for Zulekha?" asked Yasir teasingly.

"I googled while on our way here.Listen,just buy her any big bouquet and lets get out of here," said Hisham.Wallahi,his hands were feeling itchy all of a sudden.

"Akhi,you are supossed to be helping me here.I cant see the colours remember?"

"Thats why i am telling you bro, just buy any big bouquet.She will like it."

Yasir felt skeptical.He did not want to buy her just any bouquet but then unfortunately he could not see the colours and as for their scent,they all smelt the same way to him.He was still a guy after all.

As for the size of the bouquet, he doubted Yumnah would want a large one.She was a different type of woman,not that he had experience with women,but he just knew that she was different.

"So are we buying the red ones or not?" asked Hisham impatiently.He was now feeling kind of breathless.

"We can buy her mom a red bouquet but i will choose Yumnah's myself," said Yasir as he passed his hands gently over the flowers.

Never in his wildest dreams had he ever imagined that buying flowers would be this difficult.If only he knew her favourite colour.Maybe he would ask her that during their next meeting.

"Can i have a bouquet with different coloured roses?"he asked the sales girl.That would be best option and he had a feeling Yumnah would like it.

"Of course you can Sir."

"Then make me a small bouquet with all the colours that you have but let it be simple," said Yasir.

"Im not taking a pink rose in my car," said Hisham.

"Il just take the bus then.I wonder at what time the next one comes."

"Okay fine but you are accompanying me to the car wash immediately we leave her house,"grumbled Hisham.

"We have a deal Mr.Hosseini" said Yasir jokingly.Leave it to Hisham to always over react over the pettiest of things.

"Here you go Sir,"said the sales girl,gently handing Yasir the two bouquets.

"You carry those things yourself.I will go get the car," said Hisham as he quickly made his way out of the shop.He could finally breathe in purified air.Alhamdullilah.

Yasir smiled to himself.He couldn't wait to meet her.He wondered what she would say and think of the roses.

Well guess he would know in just a few more minutes.

But only if Yasir knew of how wrong he was because another trial was coming right their way.

Yumnah's bouquet :)

************

Yumnah quickly ran to the window to see who it was immediately the doorbell rang.Usually they didnt have visitors at such a time and it couldn't be her father since he had a key.She heard her mother open the door.

"Asalam aleikum aunty."

That voice.It was him.She shrieked with delight blood rushing to her cheeks.But why was he here?She quickly grabbed her hijab and as she opened her room's door,she heard him ask,"Are Yumnah and Uncle Bilal in?"

Yumnah's joy knew no bounds.He had come to see her?Well,and her father as well but he had still asked for her, hadn't he?

She rushed down the stairs skipping some steps but stopped in her tracks when she heard her mother say," No, none of them are in."

She quietly stood on the staircaseas she listened in,her heart slowly breaking.

Saeeda could not believe the blind man's nerve.How could he even show up at their doorstep with flowers in his hand?Were those for her daughter?Well if they were then he would have to go back with them.

"These are for you and i hope you are feeling better now,"said Yasir as he handed her the bouquet in his right hand which he knew were the red roses.

"I don't want them," said Saeeda and poor Yasir's heart immediately sank.

"Mamaaaa!Stop lying and being so rude," shouted Yumnah as she came down the stairs.What was wrong with her mother?

Hisham quickly did a double take on both mother and daughter at the same time raising one of his eyebrows questioningly.What on earth was going on here?

"Just shut up Yumnah.I dont know what spell this blind man has cast on you."

"He is not blind Mama.You are the one who is blind," said Yumnah through gritted teeth.

"Is that how you will talk to you mother now?I gave birth to you Yumnah.I know what is best for you and its not this blind man."

Both brothers stood in silence listening to the drama unfolding between mother and daughter.Yasir held on to his cane listening intently.He had never felt this hurt in his entire life.

Did Yumnah want to get married without her mother's consent?

"The man cannot even shave his own beard.How will such a man even take care of you?" shouted her mother.

Tears were already rolling down Yumnah's cheeks.She couldn't believe the woman talking infront of her was her own mother.The same mother who had brought her up to be the woman she was today.

"With him,you can't even be sure if youre kids will be normal.What if they are also blind?Is that the type of life you want Yumnah?"

"Yes i do and you are not Allah.At least fear Him, Mama," said Yumnah, her sobs getting louder.Why couldnt her father come back already?

Hisham shoved his hands into his pockets and glanced at his brother who had an unreadable expression on his face but Hisham knew very well that his little brother was hurting.

"I will never consent to your marriage.I dont care if he has a heart of gold or whatever.He is still a blind man," shouted Saeeda.

"How could you be so heartless Mama? asked Yumnah with tears in her eyes.

"Yasir,please dont take anything to...heart...," said Yumnah as she turned to look at him.She had forgotten all about the two brothers.

But he was gone.

She had not even realised when they had both left.

Her heart broke more on seeing the colourful bouquet and the two bars of chocolate that lay on their doorstep.

A bouquet she sensed that he had personally chosen for her.

But he was gone.

She might have lost him again and this time maybe forever.

**********

PLEASE DO VOTE AND COMMENT :)

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT?

NEXT UPDATE TOMORROW IN SHA ALLAH :)

TAKE CARE :)

ASALAM ALEIKUM :)