CHAPTER FORTY FIVE ( Part Two)

Hisham let out an emotionless laugh as he remembered the words from one of his Mama's favourite quotes...

"Having somewhere to go is Home, having someone to love is Family and having both is a Blessing." ~Unknown.

Home?

Family?

Well today, he had neither of those, all thanks to his wife. The woman through whom he had supposedly completed half his deen. The one woman who was supossed to be his Qurratu'l-'Ayn (coolness of his eyes). The one woman who was supposed to make his house the 'home' Mama had always talked about.

The one woman who made many duties and responsibilities as a wife but was not at all bothered in fulfilling them.

He wondered where he had failed as a husband.

He had offered her his friendship, he had offered her his love, he had freaking offered her everything but despite all his tremendous efforts, she only but... despised him.

He clicked open the gallery on his phone and lazily scrolled through their wedding pictures until he got to one particular picture.

It was just not any picture but rather it was a picture he had always considered "special."

It was a picture of their entwined hands and he considered it special because that was the very first time she had tightly held on to his hand and it was at that very moment when he had realised that there was one more person he now had to look ou...

It was a picture of their entwined hands and he considered it special because that was the very first time she had tightly held on to his hand and it was at that very moment when he had realised that there was one more person he now had to look out for. There was one more person he had to keep happy. There was one more person for whom he had to do everything he could.

But then Zulekha had never appreciated anything right from day one. He swiped to the next picture and he faintly smiled. It was a picture of her laughing at a joke he had cracked and to be honest, that was the only time he had actually seen her laugh. But now if he thought about it, it must have only been for the picture.

He raked his hands through his hair in frustration his mind completely clouded with thoughts of his wife, his marriage, his child, his family. Everything was a mess right now and there was only one person to blame for all this.

Himself...

He could no longer really blame Zulekha because he was the coward here. He was the one who had allowed himself to get manipulated. He was the one who had fallen for all her deceitful lies. He was the one who agreed to all her crazy demands. He was the one to be blamed for all of this. Nobody else.

But then again, its not like he had not tried to put his foot down. He had pleaded with her, he had shouted at her and in the end when nothing seemed to have worked, he had even asked her for a divorce but then she had turned out to be pregnant with his child.

Or had that too been a mistake? Could a child be a mistake?

No.

Never.