CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT

"Life is all about giving second chances but they only matter if, given to the right people."-Amalkhan807.

Yumnah's heart beat thunderously against her chest, blood rushing to her cheeks as she stared at the man that currently stood at her doorstep.

The one man and the only man who rightfully and fully owned her heart and that too, forever!

The man whom she had been patiently waiting for and was willing to wait for even if it meant waiting for him her entire life.

The man who was rightfully hers -her husband and whose mere presence was a sign of hope. Hope for her, for him and hope for them as a couple.

"Yasir," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Asalam aleikum Yumnah."

"Waleikum salam. You...you...you came. You came for me. You had said you will come and you did and it's not like you wouldn't...," she began to ramble and he quickly lowered his head to hide his smile because her rambling took him back to the very first time they had met.

Their very first meeting!

At that time, he had agreed to meet her with absolutely no intentions of marrying her but now that he thought about it, he had indeed fallen head over heels for her the second she had stepped into the room. He had felt the instant connection immediately and it was at that moment that he had known that his life would never be the same again.

"Yumnah?" he asked trying his best to hide his smile.

"Yes Yasir?"

"Can I come in?" he asked and his heart soared when he felt her gently take his hand which he immediately turned in such a way that he was able to tightly entwine his fingers with hers.

They then stood facing each other, their breathes rugged, their hands still entwined, both having a million things to tell the other but what stood between them was an awkward distance

They then stood facing each other, their breathes rugged, their hands still entwined, both having a million things to tell the other but what stood between them was an awkward distance. A distance Yasir thought he had had enough of and was hell bent on closing.

"This is for you, Yumnah," he said giving her the beautiful bouquet which he honestly had taken a really really long time to choose.

As much as he knew that his wife would simply love and cherish anything he gifted her, he also did not want to buy her just any other bouquet out there. He wanted it to be special. He wanted it to be about them even if it was just but a mere bouquet and therefore, just like the very first time, he had a very hard time to choose the right and perfect colours.

The right and perfect colours only and only but for his wife- Yumnah Saeed.

His thoughts were cut short and his face slightly lit up when he heard her say...

"It's simply adorable Yasir. Thank you. I love it."

"The roses. The colour. I didn't really know which one to choose...," he said but stopped when he felt her untwine her fingers from his.