CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

Yasir threw his head back on the large pillow, his eyes closed. He was deep in thought about a lot of things but most of his thoughts were about Yumnah. His Yumnah, whom he had fallen deeply in love with.

Just a few months back if someone had told him that he would deeply be in love with a woman, he would have laughed his head off.

He still could clearly remember how he had sworn never to get married because he did not want to make any woman suffer because of his disability. But then Yumnah had come into his life and not for a single moment had she ever made him feel like a blind man but rather her love and respect for him had only but made him confident about himself.

He smiled when memories of their first bus ride came flooding back along with how she always made it a point to race him to their prayer mats during every salah. Indeed, she had proved that to her, his blindness was totally cool.

Yumnah had won the hearts of everyone including his Akhi's. He knew how skeptical Hisham had been about him marrying Yumnah but today before he had left he had put his hand on his shoulder and said,"

"I am so glad that you married Stupid Yusra, sorry i mean Yumnah. She truly is the one for you Yasir. Please take good care of her."

He let out a laugh as he remembered the name Stupid  Yusra. Seemed like Hisham had decided to permanently hold on to it and Yumnah too had decided to hold her grudge against Hisham for never allowing her to play with him.

His thoughts were cut short when he heard the door open and the tantalizing smell of pineapple filled the room.

"Yumnah, what have you brought?" he asked his mouth already watering.

"Pineapple tart my love," she replied as she sat next to him on the bed.

Yasir's joy knew no bounds. Today was his lucky day for sure. First he got to eat her delicious cookies and now he would get to eat her handmade pineapple tart. He secretly wondered if it would match up to the one he had had years ago. He had a feeling that it would because his wife is the one who had made it.

"Here you go, take a bite Yasir," she said as she brought a tart to his mouth.

Yasir took a bite and immediately closed his eyes as pineapple filled his mouth. He knew this pineapple tart alright. Everything was to precision once again. It was simply perfect.

"So you are the one who had brought that tart to my farewell party years ago?" he asked.

"Yes it was."

"Had you made the tart specially for me Yumnah ?" he asked as he put the last piece of tart in his mouth.

"Yes i had Yasir."

"It was delicious then and it still is now my love. I am indeed one very lucky man Yumnah."

"Oh that you are Yasir. You are lucky to be married to the awesome me," she said smiling.