CHAPTER FIFTY THREE

Yumnah tightly wrapped her hands around her father's arm for support the minute she heard her mother begin to shout her head off.

She stood still, a pained expression on her face as each and every single word of her mother's sliced through her heart like a sharp knife.

How she wished she could just go back home.

Back home to Yasir -Her Husband.

"I cannot believe it. This is all just but utterly ridiculous. You two did not even last a year, Yumnah. Where is all your so called love now?" spat Saeeda, not at all bothered by the murderous glares her husband was sending her way.

"And worse off is the fact that he sent you back pregnant. Now what will you do Yumnah? What if that child of yours is born blind just like the father?"

"SAEEDA!" shouted Bilal, not at all believing his ears.

How could his wife be so heartless?

"Don't you dare shout at me Bilal. I am just but stating the truth and I had told you from before that Khaleel was the one for her..."

"That is not at all true, Mama. Khaleel was never was the one for me and never will he ever be," whispered Yumnah as she fell to the floor, her heart overly burdened.

Why couldn't her mother just understand? Understand that she only but only loved Yasir.

Yasir Hosseini.

The one man who had given her more than enough love and respect than she could ever ask for.

"But Khaleel...," began Saeeda but her husband quickly cut her off.

"Is now Yumnah's BROTHER- IN-LAW. Respect that relation Saeeda," he said through gritted teeth, his anger rising by the minute.

"I know that Bilal but all I am saying is that Khaleel is a good man. If only this stupid girl had listened to me back then. She would now be married to a man who is so responsible, kind hearted, sensible..."

"She is already married to such a man, Saeeda. Yasir is all that and much much more," her husband once again interrupted her afterwich he knelt down to embrace his now sobbing daughter in a large fatherly hug.

"If Yasir is such an honourable man then why did he send away his wife despite knowing that she is pregnant? And forget Yasir, have you heard the state in which Hisham has left Zulekha Akram in? Its simply horrendous. Those two Hosseini brothers never deserved to be married. Now if only Yumnah had listened to me and married Khaleel..."

"Who IS also a HOSSEINI," shouted Bilal once again.

"Khaleel is not a Hosseini. He is Khalid and Husna's son and...,"

"And he has been brought up by Yasmin and Hussein. Khalid and Husna might be Khaleel's birth parents but the type of man he is today is all because of Yasmin and Hussein. They are the ones who brought Khaleel up and they brought him up in the very same way as they brought up Yasir and Hisham. The three brothers are a reflection of each other. So Saeeda, please," said Bilal as he lovingly patted Yumnah on the head in a bid to comfort her.

Something he knew that his wife should be doing as a mother but no, Saeeda was hell bent on taunting their daughter and listening to rumours and gossip about the Hosseini family. Rumours and gossip that were now spreading like wild bushfire across every household in the entire city.

"But...,"

"ENOUGH! I have heard enough Saeeda. Don't forget that the Hosseini's are now part of our family as well. I don't care about what people are saying out there but no one Saeeda and I mean no one shall badmouth any of them in this house."