CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE (Part Two)

"Her name meant gift and that was what she truly was for me. She was the most beautiful gift for me and that too, from Allah!"- Yasir Hosseini.

The biggest and brightest smile ever lit up on Yumnah's extremely tired face as she watched the hospital's tiny room that she was in, get filled the most ridiculous amounts of flowers and balloons.

Her smile grew even wider and she even let out a tiny chuckle when she heard the greatest amount of commotion in the hospital's hallway.

Commotion and that too in this particular section of the hospital could only mean one thing...

Her family was on its way.

She covered her mouth with her hands to prevent herself from bursting into laughter as she watched with much amusement as they tried to squeeze in through the narrow doorway all at the same time.

Her eyes drifted in search of Yasir and since she knew him a bit too well, she knew that he must be somewhere at the very back pretending not to know any one of them.

The very first person to make it into the room was a very eager and overly thrilled Khaleel who basically chose to ignore Yumnah's existence as he looked around for the baby and upon not finding her, wasted no time in asking or rather excitedly shouting...

"WHERE IS SHE?"

"Who?" asked Yumnah pretending to be confused only to earn the most exaggerated type of eye roll from Khaleel.

"I knew you were coming so I told the nurse to take her away," she quickly added.

"Scared that she won't be able to handle her Khalo Khaleel's killer personality on day one?"

"Whatever makes you sleep at night," she said and let out a laugh when he stuck his tongue out at her while tying three humongous pink helium balloons to the foot of her bed.

Their playful banter was cut short when the rest of the family finally made it in and Yumnah's heart literally melted out of joy when Yasmin engulfed her in the biggest and warmest bear hug ever while whispering in her ear...

"The news out there is that there is a very very beautiful new mother and even more adorable baby girl in town."

Yumnah could not help but beam back at Yasmin's loving words, her tiredness fading away bit by bit as her eyes slowly swept across the room while taking in everyone's happy faces.

Her father and Hussein both looked like they had either already cried or were about to cry, Yasmin's smile seemed to be getting bigger and bigger by the second, her friend Asiya sent her the shyest and sweetest smile ever, a huge bouquet of roses in her hand, Khaleel looked like he was about to explode due to excitement any moment and as for Yasir, who was currently standing by her side, his face was that of a man who had just been gifted the entire world.

Her eyes finally met with those of her mother who stood quite a distance away from the rest and there was only one thing that Yumnah could see in her mother's eyes and that was nothing but disdain.

Loads and loads of disdain.

She quickly looked away while lowering her head, her heart filled with two very strong emotions.

Emotions of shame and guilt.

Emotions to which she had absolutely no idea as to why she was experiencing them.

She knew she had done nothing wrong.

Yasir was one of the most respectful, honest and loving man she had ever met and she was now tired, extremely tired of having to prove that to her mother over and over again.