CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

For the very first time since they had gotten married, Yumnah Saeed had totally no idea on how to approach her husband. He had not been himself since that afternoon and to be honest, she felt scared.

Scared of her own husband.

Scared of Yasir Hosseini.

She wondered as to how he would react if she tried to talk to him. Would he snap? Would he push her away or would he open up to her like he always did?

She just didn't know...

And not knowing is what hurt her the most since it had never been like this between before.

Their relationship had always been one filled with a lot of love and affection and Yasir himself had proven to her time and again that he was one very honourable, respectful and caring man who loved her with all of his heart.

Therefore, deep down she knew that she needn't be scared of him but with the way he had snapped at her that afternoon, she couldn't help but be doubtful.

But then...

He was her husband.

Who needed her and she knew that she had to push aside her stupid fears and go to him and be there for him when he needed her the most.

She unconsciously placed her hand over her heart, took in a deep breathe and called out...

"Yasir?"

"Yumnah, my love," he whispered back almost immediately afterwich he held out his hand for her to take.

"Come," he whispered once again and Yumnah slowly but relucantly placed her warm hand in his cold one.

"Yasir?"

"Yes, Yumnah?"

"Are you okay?" she asked as she placed her hand over his hurting heart.

"Yes, I'm okay," he replied but Yumnah could clearly see that he was not.

Her husband was struggling. Struggling to hide his emotions and he was miserably failing at it as well.

She lovingly caressed his cheek as she looked into his hazel eyes. Hazel eyes that she loved looking deep into because despite Yasir being blind, his eyes were always just so vibrant. Always twinkling and always oh so, full of happiness.

But right now they were different.

Totally different.

His eyes had lost their characteristic spark, they had lost their glow and they were just so bland that sadness filled her heart just by looking at them.

This was definitely not her Yasir.

This was a different man. A man who was hurting. Hurting a lot and that too because of his Akhi...

Who had left him!

They sat in silence for a while, their hands entwined until he asked...

"Yumnah?"

"Yes my love?"

"Has he...did he...has he already left?" he asked and Yumnah didn't fail to notice the hopefull expression on his face.

"He..he... he was...," she began but he cut her off.

"What am I even asking you Habibty? Of course he left. We suffocate him right?"

"Yasir its not at all like that."

"It is like that and do you know what is hurting me the most right now?" he asked.