CHAPTER THIRTY

Hisham smiled as he passed his hands over the two tiny pairs of socks that lay in his drawer.They were so cute and soft just like his baby would be, In Sha Allah.

He had stopped by the baby shop while on his way to work and bought his child his or her very first pair of socks

He had stopped by the baby shop while on his way to work and bought his child his or her very first pair of socks.One was even pink but it no longer mattered to him.If Allah granted him a baby girl and she loved pink, then he would get her all the pink in the world if he had to.It didn't matter.All he wanted was a healthy baby whom he would love and cherish.

He already could not wait for a lot of things.He couldn't wait to hold his child in his strong arms and offer the first Adhan.He couldn't wait for the first ultrasound in which he would be able to get a glimpse of him or her.Oh, and that special jam sandwich he used to make for Yasir when he was small? He would make it for his child too In Sha Allah, it was a special Hosseini recipe and he was sure that his baby would love it.

He just was too excited and couldn't wait to tell Yasir that his niece or nephew was on the way.His brother would be overjoyed for sure.

He opened the top drawer and pulled out a pregnancy book.Yes, he had bought that too and he had already read the first two chapters as well.He knew that pregnancy was not easy and he as a husband wanted to make sure that he was able to understamd what Zulekha was going through, inorder to make her as comfortable as possible.He planned on showering her with all his love and affection just to keep her happy.

This was a new start for them.Him, Zulekha and their baby.

"Have you started taking drugs now?"asked Khaleel as he walked into his office.

Hisham quickly closed both drawers and sat up.He didn't want anyone to know yet.He planned on telling them in a special way and that too when the whole family was together.

"No, why do you ask?"

"You are smiling at the floor Hisham.Thats weird but then you've always been weird so its fine."

"Shut up Moonface," said Hisham.

Khaleel sighed as he sat down on one of the leather chairs.Work was tiring these days and he was so glad that they were all going to have lunch as a family at the Hosseini Mansion.

"So what time are we heading home?Man, im totally famished today," said Khaleel.It was true, he had not even had breakfast.

"Why dont we head over there right now?Ive missed Yasir, we can spend some time together but no wait, he is married now, i doubt Yumnah would like us all bros in the room."

Khaleel laughed as he stood up.

"I doubt Yumnah is like that.If us "bros" showing up will make Yasir happy then im sure that it will make her happy as well.She loves him alot and isn't that what love is all about?" asked Khaleel.

"Okay okay Dr.Love, sheesh you have to tell me what you eat these days.Love pills by any chance?"

"Get lost."