CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE (Part One)

"Yumnah gave me reasons to love her more and more every single day."- Yasir Hosseini.

Fear.

Nervousness.

Intense excitement.

Those were just but a few of the many emotions that currently reigned Yasir's heart. There had always been an endless list of things he had always thought he would never get to experience in life...

Marriage.

Falling deeply in love.

And now...

Fatherhood!

As much as he was extremely excited and very much eager to hold his and Yumnah's child in his arms, deep down in his heart, he just had this fear.

The fear of not being accepted.

The fear of not being a good father.

The fear of just not being good enough for his son or daughter.

He of course had the inexplicable immense love for his child right from the special moment Yumnah had told him she was expecting but as the days had gone by and as her due date had neared, he couldn't help but doubt himself more and more each passing day. It of course was a much obvious fact that he was definitely not going to be like most of the 'normal' fathers out there and that is what slowly killed him day by day.

Would he be able to be the ideal father figure in his child's life? Would his child look up to him? Was him being blind going to affect his relationship with his child? Would his child ever question his blindness in the nearby future? Would he or she accept that their father was blind? What about...?

His thoughts were cut short when he heard Yumnah wince due to pain and he quickly took her hand into his squeezing it gently, his heart sinking when he felt her body tremble.

"Yasir...," she whispered, her voice laced with extreme pain.

"Yes, Hayati?"

"I don't think I can do this."

"Of course you can Yumnah. You are a strong woman and I think you...," he said only for her to quickly interrupt him.

"Yasir!"

"Yes?"

"I for sure do not want to come back here. This is the first and last child we are having! Okay?"

"But of course..."

"PROMISE ME!"

"Whatever you want Habibty," he whispered gently, knowing very well that she would literally slap him across the face if he, at that very critical moment, had the slightest bit of audacity to mention the twelve children SHE always wanted.

He bent down to kiss her forehead after which he dug into his shirt's pocket, pulled out a clean handkerchief and lovingly wiped off the excessive amount of sweat from her forehead. Yumnah slightly smiled at his thoughtfulness after which she said, her voice barely audible...

"Thank you Yasir but unfortunately I think you will have to keep doing that every two seconds."

"Isn't that what I'm here for Hayati?"

"What about my Mama? Did Khaleel..."

"She is coming. She will take a while though. There is lots of traffic apparently," he quickly lied hoping that she wouldn't see through his white lie because the last thing he wanted was to tell her that her mother had hung up on Khaleel the minute he had mentioned that Yumnah had gone into labour.