CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Yumnah could not believe that he had agreed.She was excited,happy,scared and emotional all at the same time.Had he really agreed?

"Papa, are you sure its Yasir Hosseini?" she asked her father once again.

Her father laughed.Yumnah always got overexcited over things since she was a little girl.Seeing her excitement now just confirmed how much she liked Yasir and he was glad that he had not delayed in talking to Hussein.

"Yes my dear.Yasir himself agreed.Do you want me to call your uncle Hussein just now to confirm?" he said smiling.She had now asked him the same question five times.

"No Papa, thats not necessary," she said, a goofy smile on her face.If only she could squel but that would scare her father.

"Do you really like him that much?"

Yumnah shyly nodded her head looking away.The last person she had expected to share her feelings with was her father.But here she was now, crazily blushing in front of him as they talked about him.Together.

"What about Mama?She will never accept him,will she?" she asked her smile fading away.How she wished she could share her happiness with her mother.Unfortunately for her, her mother had stopped speaking to her.

"Dont worry about her, she will come around.She loves you alot Yumnah, its just that her overprotectiveness got the better of her.When she will see how happy you are,she will melt.Just give her some time," said her father.

Yumnah nodded sadly.She missed her mother.It had only been a day but the silence was toxic.

"In fact they were asking when they can come over to meet you," said her father in a bid to change her now foul mood.

"Is Yasir the one asking?"

Bilal amusedly looked at his daughter.He had definately lost his little princess to Yasir.His little girl was madly in love for sure.

"No Hussein is the one who asked," he said laughing at the same time shaking his head in disbelief.

Blood rushed to Yumnhah's cheeks and she quickly covered her face which was now red from embarassment.

"How about Friday Papa?Friday evening after my Quran class?"she asked.She did not want to delay it anymore.She had waited long enough.

"Friday is good.I know that they usually dont work after Jumah prayers,so i think they will make it, In Sha Allah," said her father.

"In Sha Allah,i really hope they do Papa."

*******

It was finally Friday.

Yasir loved Fridays because of Jumah prayers but today he was not too sure of how he felt.It was Jumah alright but it was also the day he would meet her.It was the day of their very first meeting.

He was extremely nervous.He now very well understood how Khaleel and Hisham had felt.It was horrible.What scared him more was the fact that Yumnah already knew him from before and well "liked" him.What if she had high expectations?What if she liked him because of qualities she thought he had but he didnt?

It was all too confusing and scary but at the same time, deep down in his heart he was excited.Excited to meet the one woman who claimed to like him.

The first woman and maybe the only woman.

"Yasir, are you ready to go?I think the adhan will go soon," said Khaleel as he walked into his office.Yasir had requested him to take him to the masjid since Hisham had not yet come back.