CHAPTER TEN

It was finally Friday and the Hosseini mansion had been decorated from top to bottom.The best wedding planners and the best caterers in Canada had been called for the long awaited wedding.The first son from the Hosseini family was getting married.It had to be a big affair.

Hisham grimaced as he came down the stairs with Yasir.Their house literally looked like a "christmas tree".He had just wanted a nikah at the masjid followed by a small Walima but Zulekha and his father had other ideas.Big extravagant ideas.

"Whoa, Dad has definately gone overboard this time round," said Hisham as he looked around their living room.Luckily for him, their father had agreed to hold the Walima at their house instead of a hotel much to his relief.

"I can only imagine Akhi," said Yasir.He too hated extravagance but explaining things to Hussein Hosseini was difficult and he for sure did not want to go down that lane.

"You cannot bro, its simply horrible.I mean like there are even pink balloons in the hallway," said Hisham as he shuddered next to his brother.

"I think Mama said that Zulekha's wedding dress is pink,maybe thats why."

"No, i cant stand pink.Who wears pink on their wedding day?What is she twelve?" asked Hisham, a horrified expression all over his face.He hated pink.He even did not even eat bubblegum or candly floss because of their pink colour.He was even sacrificing food.Like hello people?

"I think i can't breathe," said Hisham.

Yasir let out a laugh shaking his head.How could Hisham even be helped? Dua maybe?

"Stop over reacting Akhi.You will survive it all In Sha Allah."

"In Sha Allah, do pray for me Yasir.I mean it."

They both made their way through the house as Yasir patiently listened to his brother complain about how everything was pink.The ribbons,the flowers and even the cake which Hisham swore he would not eat.Okay maybe a little bit.The cake part inside.

Yasir listened intently as he tried to imagine how everything had been decorated at the same time his mind wandered multiple times to certain pink umbrella that lay in his closet.

"MashAllah, there are my handsome boys," said their mother her eyes twinkling.Yasir immediately felt for her hand and placed a kiss on it while Hisham stood on her other side chanting his long list of complains.

"Seriously Mama,talk to dad.This is too much," whined Hisham.

"Aww dear,he has waited for this day since forever.Let the old man have his way."

"There you are.Okay boys, its time we headed to the masjid.We dont want to be late," said their father as he walked in to the room.

"And Hisham,you and Yasir take the Audi,i will go with Khaleel in his car," he added.

"I swear if he has one more demand, i am going to take the bus to the masjid," Hisham whispered to Yasir.

Yasir let out a smile.Well, today for sure was going to be long day and to think there was Khaleel's wedding the very next Friday.

"Look on the bright side Akhi, at least there will be biryani after the nikah."

"That is the main reason i am attending it bro," said Hisham amusedly.

Both brothers let out a hearty laugh as they headed to the masjid.

*************

The garden had been extravagantly decorated MashAllah

The garden had been extravagantly decorated MashAllah.Yumnah was awed by how attention had been paid to every single detail.She did find everything a bit too loud for her liking and she hoped that her wedding with Khaleel would be simple.

But then again,it was the Hosseini family.She did not know what to expect.She just hoped that Khaleel liked simplicity like Yasir.

She sighed.She really needed to stop thinking about him.He was the main reason she was not in the garden with everyone else but instead she was sitting on one of the kitchen stools watching Yasir's mother give specific instructions to the workers.

He looked so handsome today MashAllah.His extremely white kanzu contrasted perfectly with his dark black hair and well trimmed beard.He had a permanent smile on his face the entire time and she just had not been able to lower her gaze.

She needed to stop since she was going to be another man's wife in less than week.She looked at Khaleel but nothing sparked in her heart instead she felt sad.

Therefore,in the end  she had made an excuse that she was going to help Mrs.Hosseini in the kitchen.

"Are you sure you dont want any help aunty?" she asked.

"Of course not dear, there are enough people to do the work and you are a bride to be.I dont my Khaleel saying that i am overworking his future wife already."

Yumnah smiled.How she wished things were different but she had decided that she was going to accept whatever Allah had written for her,even if it as heartwrenching.There had to be khair hidden somewhere.

"Mama, are you in there?" asked the one voice she yearned to hear each and every day.A thin bead of sweat broke out on Yumnah's face as she inwardly prayed that he would not come into the kitchen.

"Yes dear come in," said his mother much to Yumnah's dismay.She heard him tap his cane and a few moments later he came and stood just a few metres away from her.

"Say Salam to Yumnah dear.Khaleel's fiancee, you do remember her right?She is also in the kitchen with me."

Yumnah closed her eyes as she mentally prepared to listen to his deep voice.Her heart was beating eratically.This was wrong.She was not supposed to be feeling this way.Especially not now.

"Asalam aleikum Yumnah," he said a genuine smile on his face.

Yumnah mumbled back a reply wishing she had just stayed back in the garden.Yasir noticed her reluctance but he just brushed it away.Maybe she did not talk to men.He was her non mahram anyway.

"Mama, did someone bring pineapple tart tonight?" he asked his mother eagerly.

"Sorry Yasir, no one brought desserts this time round."

Yumnah's hands grew clammy as she realised what he had asked for.Had he liked her tart?But he had eaten it two years ago or was it three?Were they talking about her tart?Did he miss it?

Ya Rabb.She couldnt do this.

"Mabrook on your wedding Yumnah.May Allah bless yours and Khaleel's marriage abundantly and welcome to the Hosseini family.Trust me we arent as crazy as we seem to be," said Yasir not knowing that he was breaking the poor girl's heart.

"JazakAllah," she said as a sob escaped her lips.She quickly got up and rushed out of the kitchen tears trickling down her face.

She could not do it.She just could not.

Yasir had sensed the hurt in her voice and wait, he had heard the voice before.But where?

Yumnah rushed to an isolated part of the garden, sobbing hysterically hoping that no one would find her.

But what Yumnah did not know, was the fact that her tears had not gone unnoticed and that a very worried and concerned Khaleel had followed her out.

*********
HISHAM IS FINALLY HITCHED!!!!

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO VOTES AND OF COURSE I LOVE ALL MY SILENT READERS AS WELL.

WHO FEELS BAD FOR YUMNAH?

ASALAM ALEIKUM GUYS :)