CHAPTER FORTY ONE

Yasir couldn't stop himself from smiling whenever he thought of the good news his wife had given him. Yumnah had indeed brought a lot of happiness into his life and to think that he had once rejected her.

His smile widened as he thought of her. Just a few months ago, he only knew Yumnah Saeed as the one woman who claimed to love him for who he truly was. The one woman who had broken all societal norms just for him.

He had then married her, fallen deeply in love with her and today through her, he was going to become a father.

Father.

That word itself made him jittery. As much as he was excited to become a father, deep down he was scared as well. Scared that his child would be born blind.

He still could clearly remember his mother-in-law's harsh words...

"With him, you can't even be sure if you're kids will be normal. What if they are also blind? Is that the type of life you want Yumnah?"

He shuddered just at the thought and vigorously shook his head to try erase off that memory. He did not need such thoughts right now. Especially not know when he had already talked about this with Yumnah. He remembered their early morning conversation and once again a large smile lit up his face.

Flashback...

Yumnah glanced at her husband as she slowly recited the last verses of Surah Yaseen. It was her husband's favourite Surah and his face would always light up with happiness whenever she recited it for him. But today instead of being happy, he seemed rather distant and she doubted that he had even been listening.

"Yasir, whats wrong my love?" she asked as she closed the Qur'an and moved closer to him until her shoulder was touching his.

"Wrong? There is nothing wrong Yumnah. Why do you ask?"

Yumnah sighed as she took his hand and entwined her fingers with his and immediately a small smile began playing on his lips. He always loved it whenever she did that and she knew it.

"Hmmm. You are my husband Yasir and I think I know you well by now. I think something is bothering you Habibi, that is why I am asking. What is it?

"Really its nothing," he said as he passed his hand through his hair due to nervousness.

"Yasssiiir. Can't believe that you have started lying to me. I can clearly see that something is bothering you."

He sighed not sure of how to tell her of his fears. Knowing Yumnah, he knew that she would instantly know that his fears were partly because of her mother and the last thing he wanted was to complicate things between them.

"Its nothing much Yumnah. I'm just scared for the baby," he finally said.

"Scared about what?"

"What if the baby is born blind? " he asked.

He heard Yumnah gasp and seconds later he felt her caress his cheek.

"This is because of what my Mama had said right?" she asked and he clearly sensed the hurt in her voice.

"No, not at all Yumnah. Its just a thought and a possibility," he lied. He didn't want to say yes and hurt her more.

"Hmmm then I am also very worried then," she said as she studied him.

Her husband was a very bad liar. She knew that his insecurities were all because of her mother and she planned to put a stop to all of them.

"Really?"

"Yeah Habibi, what if our baby is crazy like me? What will we do?"

He laughed as he tightly clasped her hand.

"Yumnaaaah but that is what defines you. There is no reason to be worried about that Habibty."

"Exactly Yasir. The same applies for you as well. You're blindness is what defines you and if our baby is blind then that will his or her Qadr. We cannot do anything but accept it," she said and smiled when she saw his face light up.

"And you know what else Yasir?" she asked.

"What?"

"In case our baby is born blind, I think I might love him or her more because of that. You know why?"

"Why?" he asked confusedly.

"Because then he or she will be just like their father. The one man I fell in love with. Blindness and all."

Yasir blushed and he quickly took the end of her hijab to hide his face.

"You are such a flirt Yumnah," he said still blushing.

"Only with you Yasir. Only with you my love," she said as she kissed his forehead.

And don't worry about things that are in Allah's hands Yasir. You of all people should be knowing that. Just go with the flow Habibi."

He slowly nodded his head as he thought of her words. They for sure meant a lot and that is what he exactly planned on doing.

He would just go with the flow...

But then again, what if the child was born blind?

Was it something so easy to accept?

***

PLEASE DO VOTE AND COMMENT :)

ITS A REALLY SHORT CHAPTER RIGHT?

SORRY I HAD TO UPDATE THIS BIT ONLY DUE TO DEMAND.

HOPE ITS OKAY :(

ITS GETTING HARD FOR ME TO WRITE AND ALSO I JUST DONT WANT TO WRITE ANYTHING AND THROW IT AT YOU GUYS...

I HOPE THIS IS GOOD ENOUGH...

UPCOMING...HISHAM ASKS YASIR FOR HIS SHARES.. :)

ASALAM ALEIKUM EVERYONE :)

SORRY ONCE AGAIN :)