CHAPTER FORTY

Yumnah watched with dismay as Baba put different types of fruits on her plate. First of all, she was not a fruit person and secondly that was way too much fruit to have in one meal. Was it even legal?

"Here Yumnah, have some pineapple as well," he said as placed two big chunks of the fruit on her plate

"Baba, please leave some for me as well," said a very concerned Yasir.

At the rate at which Baba was placing fruits on Yumnah's plate, he doubted there would be any left for him and Mama.

"Just shut up Yasir. You don't know anything. Yumnah dear, begin eating."

"But Baba pineapple is my favourite..."

"Just shut up and have you're tea and toast Yasir. Wallahi if you get late, I will ensure that you walk to work."

"Cool."

Yasir shoved a piece of toast in his mouth, as he internally sulked. The smell of pineapple that was wafting from Yumnah's plate was killing him. If only he could get bite.

They ate in silence and just when Yumnah thought that Hitler was not looking, she secretly placed a few pieces of fruit on her husband's plate.

"Thank you habibty," Yasir whispered.

"No problem my love."

"Yumnah, you know I can see you right? You have to eat all that fruit yourself okay? Stop giving it you're husband, he has had enough fruit to last him a lifetime."

"Okay Baba," said Yumnah as she shoved more fruit into her mouth.

"And Yasir, you know the baby needs fruits. How can you eat her share?"

"Wallahi Baba, I was just tasting," Yasir quickly defended himself.

Couldn't a man just have his breakfast in peace? And wait, did the baby need fruits or nutrients? Could Hitler go learn Science first. Psssht.

"Yasmin?"

"Yes Hussein?"

"I want Yumnah's room to be moved downstairs as soon as possible," he said as he took a sip of his wife's delicious tea.

"Whaaat? Why are you separating us?" Yasir quickly interjected.

Okay wait, he was the child's father here. He could understand that Baba was becoming a grandfather for the first time, but he seriously needed to calm down.

And no, his wife was going nowhere. He would not allow this sort of injustice. What was their family lawyer's number again?

"Because its not safe for Yumnah to be going up and down the stairs."

"Baba seriously, its not even a month yet," said Yasir.

Hussein chuckled before he turned to look at Yumnah with a sober face.