CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

It was late into the night.There was a blissful silence all around and everyone in the Hosseini mansion was fast asleep.Everyone except for Yasir.He had woken up immediately after everyone else had retired to bed.

He needed to pray.Pray his heart out.He needed to thank Allah for sending him someone who might complete half his deen for him.Just maybe.

He went down for sujood,his heart extremely heavy.A tear trickled down his face.He just could not glorify his Lord enough.Indeed Allah was the greatest and no matter how many times he went down for sujood he knew he would not be able to glorify him enough.

As his mother had said,he could not fight Qadr and indeed Allah had written for him a beautiful destiny.A destiny hopefully with Yumnah.Her being the girl from his childhood was like a sign for him.Maybe they were meant to be.It had all been a matter of time.

He sat down on his mat,his face still tear stricken and recited Surah Ar Rahmaan along with the reciter from his recorder.Indeed, which of the blessings of his Lord could he really deny?

He was a blind man.A man people considered flawed but Allah had sent him a woman who saw past all his shortcomings.He had never felt as normal as he had during their meeting.It was like she just didnt consider him blind.It was as if she almost looked up to him,admired him and loved him.Love?Did she love him?

No,he didn't want to have such thoughts right now.Especially not when he was infront of the Lord of the worlds.

He raised his hands to make dua.He prayed for everyone,his friends, his parents,Hisham and Zulekha but his mind kept drifting back to her.He smiled,well he definately had to make dua for her.

He still did not know if she was the one for him but he really hoped that she was.Why?Because he was already falling for her.Falling really hard.

He raised his hands again and made heartfelt dua for her a wide smile on his face.He planned to stay like this all night and he knew that he would because sleep was the last thing on his mind and it would continue to be until she became his.In Sha Allah.

A few houses away,just in the same neighbourhood,Yumnah also sat on a mat similar to Yasir's.She too could not sleep.She too was praying her heart out.Praying for him.Praying for happiness which they both deserved.

They both were praying for each other because...

"He was her happiness and she was his."

*************

Yasir and Khaleel both jumped when the front door opened with a really loud bang.

"Hisham is back in Canada people,"said the one person Yasir had extremely missed for the past week but currently with the entry his brother had made,he was not too sure if he still felt the same way.

"Yeah it was breaking news on the tv a while ago," said Khaleel rolling his eyes.Hisham had really scared the hell out of him.Who even opens the door like that?He almost thought it was Yawm al Qiyamah.Wallahi.

"What are you doing here?"asked Hisham picking an apple slice from Khaleel's plate.

"I moved into your room and stop eyeing my plate bro.I just sat down for breakfast," said Khaleel.

Hisham placed his hand over his heart.

"Whatever is mine is yours bro, and whatever is yours should also be mine," he said picking up another apple slice from Khaleel's plate.

"Wallahi Yasir, i am never sleeping over again now that he is back," said Khaleel as he stood up with his plate.He better go finish his breakfast in the garden.