CHAPTER FORTY NINE

The last thing Hussein Hosseini had ever expected was for him to be called to the police station and that too because of his eldest son, Hisham.

He knew his eldest son all too well and so he knew that Hisham was not the type of man to get arrested anyhow.

And that was what stressed him out the most.

The fact that he did not know as to why his son was arrested.

"I am asking you boys one last time. Is there anything you boys know that I dont?" he asked while sending both Yasir and Khaleel murderous glares.

"Wallah Khalo, we don't."

"You better not because if I find out that you are still hiding something from me, Wallah I am going to hang the both of you upside down and that too for a week."

"Baba..."

"I still cannot believe all this. Here I was thinking that I have three very capable sons who can smoothly run my company but no, a company is the last thing you idiots made it to be.

"Two of my sons decided to to turn my company into a volleyball pitch from where they were throwing shares across to each other like freaking volleyball."

"And then there is my third son...," he said and Khaleel timidly looked up wishing the ground could literally open up and swallow him.

"The one son of mine, whom I thought was the most practical out of all you three but no, he turned out to be the referee in all of this."

"Khalo, we never knew that things..."

"Save it Khaleel. I don't even want to hear it and I am in desperate need of some fresh air, so call me when that 'Akhi' of yours is brought out," said Hussein and Khaleel let out a really long sigh as he watched his Khalo walk out.

This had been one terrible day for sure and he couldn't wait for it to end already.

"Bro, I messed up big time didn't I?" asked Yasir sadly after a while.

Never had he heard Baba's voice laced with so much hurt and disappointment. He seemed to have been immensely hurt by all of this and it was all his fault. No one else's.

"No Yasir. You didn't mess up."

"What do you mean? If only I had listened to you Khaleel, my Akhi would not be behind bars right now."

"This has nothing to do with the shares."

"But..."

"There is a missing link somewhere Yasir but I just don't know what. Hisham is still hiding something from us. I am telling you bro, there is more to this than meets the eye."

"Really? You think so?"

"I know so!"

"Then why do you think he got arrested?"

Khaleel frowned as he passed his hand over his beard. He had no idea as to why Hisham had gotten arrested and to say that he had almost died of shock when he had learnt of the arrest, would be an understatement.

"I don't know bro but whatever it is, I am dead sure that it is but a very very big misunderstanding."

"I hope so too," said Yasir, a slight trace of hope in his voice.

"And even if its not a misunderstanding, lets just hope that Akhi, ran a red light or something and that is why he got arrested," he added and Khaleel let out a small laugh.

"That would be too accurate. Hisham is a pro at running red lights."

"You don't say. I was once with him when he ran a red light. Bro, that experience was terrible."