CHAPTER SIX

Khaleel could not believe that he was finally going to meet Yumnah.His Khalo and her father were apparently very good friends and they both had already arranged for the two families to meet.

To say that he was extremely nervous, would be an understatement.He was experiencing a mixture of feelings,he was excited at the same time scared.
What questions would he even ask her?He had prepared a long list of questions the night before but going infront of her with a paper in his hand would be quite embarasssing.

He wondered if she too was nervous.Would she remember him from the masjid?Would she say yes?How many more times meetings would they have?

His cheeks quickly coloured when he remembered how they had first met.He recalled how she had deeply stared into his eyes but had quickly averted her gaze soon after.Then she had just randomly rushed up the stairs like a whirlwind sending the poor painter stumbling with the ladder.

A smile crept up his face as he remembered every detail about that day.

"Whoa, someone is whipped ," said Hisham plopping on the sofa next to him at the same time letting out a loud whistle.

Khaleel laughed shyly and threw one of the small cushions at him which Hisham expertly caught in his hand.

"What is he doing?" Yasir asked as he carefully made his way into the living room.

"He is literally sitting here alone,mind you ALONE and blushing.Khaleel is literally red right now as we speak."

Yasir chuckled, a large grin on his face.

"Well at least we know that he won't be frowning like you were,during your first meeting with Zulekha."

"I was not frowning.That is my serious face."

"Really?Well Mama told me otherwise," said Yasir animatedly.

Hisham always took arguments to another level and he loved getting his brother all riled up.

Khaleel watched the two brothers squabbling a pang of sadness filling his chest.How he wished that he too had siblings of his own.After his parents had died he always felt lonely.Although Yasir and Hisham had always considered him as their brother,he knew that he would never have a pure bond like the two had with each other.

That is why he planned on having a huge family after he got married.He wanted little children to come back home to.He wanted his very own family.

He hoped that Yumnah would accept him and love him.Something that he had been yearning for many years now.He really had hoped that she was the one.She was the only woman who had caught his eye and he hoped she was also the one who would complete for him his family.

Khair In Sha Allah, he thought.

"Arguing with you is pointless, i am going to get something to eat.Would you like something Khaleel?" asked Hisham amusedly looking at Khaleel since once again, he had caught him daydreaming.

"JazakAllah,i am fine.Too nervous to eat now."

"Dont worry Akhi,all will be fine.Have you thought of the questions you want to ask her?" asked Yasir.

"Yes i have thought of some.I just hope things aren't awkward.The last thing i want is to frown."

"I heard that," yelled Hisham from the kitchen.

Yasir and Khaleel both laughed and Khaleel's nervousness immediately eased down a bit.

"Dont worry Akhi, i will make dua that she will say yes,In Sha Allah," said Yasir a genuine smile on his face.Khaleel deserved all the happiness in the world and he would sincerely pray that he gets it.

"In Sha Allah."

************************************

Yumnah could not stop the tears from streaming down her face.Tears of joy.Allah had finally answered her prayers.Her lifelong prayer.Her only prayer.

Her stomach kept churning.She would get to speak with him today after so many years.Hear his loud masculine voice that she craved that one day would say her name.Alhamdullilah that day was near now.

She always thought that he did not even know that she existed.Receiving a marriage proposal from him had sent her over the moon.She had prayed the whole night thanking Allah.

She still could not believe it.The only man she loved was going to be her and only hers.

Soon.

In Sha Allah.

Flashback...

She had been ironing her clothes when her father had knocked on the door.

"May i come in my dear?" he asked a wide smile on his face.

"Of course Papa, how was your day at work?"

"Alhamdullilah.How are your Quran classes coming along?"he asked gesturing for her to come sit next to him on the bed.

"They are good Papa.I'm really enjoying myself.Ustadha teaches everything in a totally different light," she said sitting down taking her father's now wrinkled hands in hers.

"I want to talk to you about something," he said.

She nodded at him, smiling.

"I received a marriage proposal for you today,and its from the Hosseini family."

Her heart stopped,her mind working in overdrive.She knew that Hisham was already seeing Zulekha, so that only left him.

Yasir.

Ya Allah.

"Are you sure Papa?"she asked her heart beating eratically, tears already threatening to spill out of her eyes.

"Yes dear,your uncle Hussein himself called to talk to me.They want to come see but only if its okay with you."

She flung her arms around her father as she cried her heart out.She still could not believe her ears.Indeed Allah listened to everyone's prayers.

"So i guess that is a yes from you for the the first meeting?"

"Of course Papa, not only for the meeting, but its already a yes from me."

"I am ready to marry him."

********

ITS BEEN LONG SINCE I UPDATED

I PROMISE TO UPDATE EVERY ALTERNATE DAY, IN SHA ALLAH :)

PLEASE DO VOTE ON THE STORY, IT WILL MAKE ME REALLY HAPPY.

AND PLEASE DO COMMENT.I REALLY WOULD LOVE SOME FEEDBACK :)

UNTIL NEXT TIME

MASALAAM :)