CHAPTER SEVEN

The Asr adhan could be heard loud and clear from the kitchen whose worktops were filled with different kinds of food.There was samosas, spring rolls,halwa,cinammon rolls and many other dishes.

Yumnah scurried around the tiny kitchen arranging everything.She wanted everything to be simply perfect.She had dreamt and prayed for this day every night and today it was finally here.

The man of her dreams was finally coming to ask for her hand in marriage.

She already had a really really long list of questions she wanted to ask him but then again she wasn't sure if she would have the guts to speak to him.She already felt extremely nervous.She just hoped that she would not start babbling infront of him.

"Yumnah beta, go get ready,they will be here any minute now," said her mother, as she walked into the kitchen.

Her mother too, had been extremely ecstatic about the proposal much to Yumnah's surprise.She had always thought that her parents would not approve of him but maybe she had always thought wrong.

It was true that nothing surpassed the greatness of Allah, and this was one miracle that she would never ever forget nor would she ever stop thanking Him for.

"Okay mum, please do remove the cookies from the oven in the next five minutes, i think they should be done by then."

"Okay dear, now hurry up."

Yumnah quickly raced up the stairs, did her wudhu,a big smile on her face.She then quickly stood for her Asr prayer and during each sujood, a tear would trickle down her face and stain the prayer mat.

This was it for her.This is what she had always wanted and Allah had granted it to her.She did not want anything else now.No big house, no cars, no riches.All she wanted was this one man's love.

The one and only man she had ever loved.

And now, he was coming.

Coming to finally take her.

***************
Khaleel pulled up in the drive way and one by one everyone got out of the car.He let out a large breath.To say that he was confident about today would be a total lie.Right now,he felt like running away.

He hoped that her father was not intimidating.Did she have brothers as well?He gulped just at the thought of being under the scrutiny of her family members.

"Akhi,relax.If you don't know the answer to a question or if you don't like a particular question, just frown or cough.It helps.Take it from me," said Hisham.

Khaleel turned to look at Hisham with a horror filled face.

"Did you do that with Zulekha?"

"Yep, and it worked.Trust me."

Yasir let out a small laugh.What was Hisham even saying.

"Hisham.He is not going for a job interview.He is actually going to ask for someone's hand in marriage," he said an amused look on his face.

Hisham could be unbelievable at times but that is what made his Akhi unique.

As they all made their way inside, Hisham looked up to scrutinize the two storey house and he immediately turned to look at Khaleel and Yasir, a mischevious grin on his face.

"Bro,i think your masjid girl is peeping at us from the top window," he said.

Khaleel and Yasir both looked up at the same time, poor Yasir not knowing in which particular direction to look at.

Khaleel immediately cleared his throat and followed his Khalo and Khaltu inside,his face all red.Yasir held on tighter to his brother as they moved forward.He was feeling dizzy all of a sudden and why was his heart beating so fast almost threatening to pop out of his chest?