CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT

STRONG USE OF LANGUAGE

"ZULEKHA."

"ZULEKHAAA," shouted Hisham, as he flung open the door of his mansion with a loud bang.

"What the hell Hisham? What is it?" she asked as she came out from the kitchen, a warm cup of coffee in her hands.

"Where is your pregnancy book?"

"My what?"

"Your pregnancy book. That book which is is usually given to expectant mothers. Where the hell is it?" he asked as he raked his hand through his hair multiple times.

"In my handbag."

"Go get it.

"Excuse me?"

"I said, GO GET IT!"

"Don't you dare shout at me. We live in a sophisticated neighbourhood okay. This is not the Hosseini Mansion."

"Just shut up!"

"And how much more inconsiderate could you get? You told me to get back home within an hour while you yourself went and got lost. Did you go to your Stupid Yusra and lost track of time?"

He sadly stared at his wife afterwich he let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Me? Inconsiderate?"

"Very!"

"Oh and what are you then? Queen of all consideration?"

"Well at least I am more considerate than you ,Hisham," she said while rolling her eyes.

"Really?"

"Yes."

He slowly took a few steps towards her and stopped when he was right infront of her face.

"Don't talk about consideration Zulekha when you are holding only but one cup of coffee in your hands. You knew very well that I, your HUSBAND, would be coming home but you still did not bother," he said his voice laced with sadness.

"And forget consideration, you did not even notice that your HUSBAND came back home with a bandaged hand," he said as he lifted his injured hand for her to see but she quickly looked away.

"You see? You don't even care. So now stop beating around the bush and go get me your pregnancy book."

"Why do you want it?" she asked, her voice slightly trembling.

"You are expecting my child right? I am the father right? So simple, I just want to see if my wife, the MOTHER, is taking good care of my baby or not," he said as he crossed his hands over his chest and studied her.

The more she delayed, the more the doubt kept settling in his heart but he still was not willing to accept it. He still had a little hope that all was well and that his little baby girl was safe.

"Zulekha?"

"Huh?"

"I said go get me your pregnancy book."

"No. Don't you trust me? Why do you want it all of a sudden? You never bothered all this months. So why now?" she asked, fear evident in her eyes.

Hisham quietly stared at her afterwich he took long and quick strides to a stool on which his wife always kept her handbag and luckily for him, it was right there.

"Don't you dare open my handbag Hisham. Didn't your mother teach you any manners?" she shouted.

"Oh trust me she did but it doesn't hurt to be mannerless once in a while, don't you think Habibty?"