CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Yasir's room had been meticulously cleaned from top to bottom.His mother had ensured that not even an inch was left out.She just wanted everything to be perfect because Yasir was finally bringing his bride rather her daughter home.

Not that she did not consider Zulekha as her daughter but Yumnah's decison to stay back at the Hosseini mansion had made her more happy than anyone else.She had always craved for a woman's company and now Alhamdullilah she was finally going to get it.She was sure that her and Yumnah were going to get along just fine.

As soon as the doorbell rang she rushed to the door much to their butler's surprise and immediately engulfed Yumnah in a large motherly hug.

"Asalam aleikum my children."

"Waleikum salam Mama," they both replied in unison.

Yasir heart warmed up as soon as he heard his wife call his mother Mama.He knew very well that his mother would be overjoyed just by hearing that.

"Yumnah, MashAllah you look so pretty, did Yasir take good care of you?"

"Psssssht, she should be asking me that, i almost lost my life yesterday, "muttered Yasir but still loud enough for Yumnah to hear who sent him a glare in return.

"Come in my dear, we have so much to talk about and wait till i show you Yasir's baby pictures.You will adore...," his mother began ranting as she pulled Yumnah into the house leaving poor Yasir behind.

Yasir smiled to himself.He was glad his two favourite women were getting along but seriously, did they both just forget him?

Wow.

"Sir,would you like some help to come in?" asked their butler he too smiling at Mrs.Hosseini's antiques.

"No Henry, il manage.Thank you."

He slowly made his way over to where they were and inwardly cringed when he heard his Mama tell Yumnah about how he lost his first milk teeth.

Seriously?Who even discusses that phase?

"Ah, Yasir my boy, there you are."

Yeah, about time.

"Take Yumnah to you're room dear.Wait let me call Henry to help you."

Yumnah immediately placed her hand over Mama's to stop her.

"No Mama, its okay.Yasir knows where it is, il help him," she said smiling.

"Of course my dear," said their mother tears glistening in her eyes.Seems like Yasir would not be needing much of Henry anymore.

She watched as Yumnah helped her son up the stairs at the same time not missing how Yasir had tightly entwined their hands as if his life depended on it.

Seemed like her son had found his soulmate.

But then again, what about her other son?

********

Yumnah was immediately awed by the grandness of Yasir's room.A few changes had been made from what she could remember but all in all it was magnificent.Butterflies crept up her stomach when she realised it was now her room as well.This was where she would spend most of her time with him.

This was where she would spend most of her time with him