CHAPTER FORTY SIX

Hisham slammed his already injured hand against his mansion's sturdy wooden door due to frustration. He just could not believe it. He had been ringing the door bell like a crazy maniac for the past ten minutes but his lazy wife was not at all bothered to even check who it was.

Or was she not at home?

Well that would not be much of a surprise either!

He pulled out his phone from his pocket and dialled her number only for her to decline it.

"Where are you Zulekha?" he whispered to himself as he dialled her number once again, only for her to decline it a second time.

Wow.

Or was she in a place where she was unable to pick calls? He raked his hand through his hair not knowing what to do. Should he text her? Would she reply? Damn, why was everything always so complicated when it came to his wife?

He rang the doorbell for a few more minutes afterwhich he decided to text her, hoping against hope that she was at home because he needed to talk to her. Urgently.

"Asalam aleikum Zulekha...are you at home?"

And within seconds his phone beeped...

"What the hell Hisham, are you dying or what? How many times do you plan on calling me?"

He let out a sigh as he shook his head in disbelief. She could have at least replied to his Salam. And yes, what if he was dying? Wouldn't she have cared? Guess somethings would never change but as for him, he had had enough. It was high time he confronted her and that is why he was here.

"I asked you a question. WHERE ARE YOU ZULEKHA?"

"At my mother's house!"

"So can't you pick your HUSBAND'S call at your mother's house?"

"Im busy!"

He tightly gripped his phone the urge to smash it against the wall strongly coursing through him.

"Well too bad because I want you to come home right this instant."

"Why?"

He once again sighed. What was wrong with this woman? She had the time to text but did not have the time to talk on the phone? Some "busy" that was.

"I forgot my house keys back at the office so I am stranded outside and secondly, I really need to talk to you. URGENTLY..."

"Why don't you go over to Hosseini Mansion and kill time? I am sure your Stupid Yusra will be overly delighted to see you. And as for talking, it can wait."

He passed his hand over his tired eyes totally disgusted with her reply. His "Stupid Yusra? How could his brother's wife be his? Is that what his own wife really thought of him? Did she really think of him as a womaniser? Well, enough was enough and it was time he put her in her rightful place.

He angrily held on to his phone and typed...

"Now listen up Zulekha. I have had enough and I mean enough of your nonsense. You better show up at home within the next hour or you can continue staying with your mother and that too, forever. Makes no damn difference to me. And remember Zulekha...NEXT ONE HOUR..."

And with that, he switched off his phone and shoved it into his pocket but immediately winced when parts of his broken skin touched his trouser's material.

His hand.

He had totally forgotten about it. He needed to get it stitched and that too as soon as possible. He had nothing to do for the next one hour anyway, so that left him with only one place to go...