Chapter 1

Yoona's POV

Standing here again, after all these years, looking at the flowing water, I thought back to all that had happened since I was here the last time. Things hadn't gone the way I had hoped, and I'm glad.

"Jihee!" I said answering my phone. "Yeah, I'll be home in about half an hour and then we can go grocery shopping. See you soon."

I looked around and was surprised to see how crowded it had gotten within the last hour. I quickly got up, dusted off my pants and made my way to my car.

Before getting into my car, I turned to look at the river and couldn't help but smile. It was good to be back.
-----

Aaahh! Finally! A month of struggling to find the time to come back to Han river and I had successfully managed to drag Jihee here. I had to literally drag Jihee out of work and get her here. Not that it helped, she was still on her phone, constantly attending calls from work.

It had taken a month for Jihee and I to settle into our new jobs and new apartment. But we were here now and I couldn't be happier. I kicked back my shoes, folded my legs and sat on the grass, looking as the sun disappeared at the horizon.

"Arrggh!"

I was so lost in my own little world that the sudden voice surprised me. I looked to my right to find someone sitting a little further away from me, holding his head in his hands and elbows on his bent knees. He was clearly frustrated about something. I shouldn't disturb him and let him be, I thought to myself. But...

Before I knew what I was doing, I called out to him."Excuse me, are you okay?"

On hearing my voice, the person got startled and quickly put his hoodie over his head and lowered his head and replied.

" Y-yes. I'm fine. Sorry for disturbing you!"

"No, No! You didn't distu......"

Before I could finish my sentence, the person suddenly got up and walked away. More like ran away. Did I actually scare him off? This is why I should have just let him be.

While I was giving myself a lecture on how I shouldn't interfere in other people's business, suddenly a couple of girls came up to me and breathlessly asked.

Random Girl #1: "OMG!! Can you please tell me who was the person you were just talking to??!!"

Random Girl #2: "YES! PLEASE TELL US! WAS IT JIN OPPA??! IT WAS, WASN'T IT!!HOW DO YOU KNOW HIM?!!"

I was so surprised that I couldn't even process their questions. "Wait! Who? What? Can you please slow down?"

Random Girl #1:"Oh god! That was Jin right? Jin from BTS?"

Random Girl #2:"JIN!! KIM SEOKJIN FROM BTS!!"

Dear Lord! Someone save my eardrums.

Me: "Okay, first, breathe. And no, I don't know who that person was. Sorry."

Random girl #1:"What! Then why did you waste our time?! God!!"

Random Girl #2:"YEAH! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

This girl needs to stop yelling!

Me: "Excuse me?!"

Random Girl #1: " Nevermind. Let's hurry! I'm pretty sure it's him. The tweet said that he was spotted near Han River. We can probably still catch up to him!

"Hey! Who were those girls?", Jihee asked from behind me

I just sighed, "Don't even ask. Are you done with your calls?"

Jihee gave me an apologetic smile, "Yeah! Sorry. Just ironing out the details for tomorrow's meeting. Let's go! I'm hungry!"

----

"Well, that was an interesting day," I sighed, as I thought back to those girls. They must have been fans of the person they were looking for.

I realized I was wasting too much time thinking about them and I needed to get some sleep. I had an early day tomorrow, packed with meetings. I quickly changed and got into bed. Just as I was falling asleep, I sat up with a jerk.

Did that girl say Kim Seokjin?!

-----