Chapter 16

Flashback (Yoona's POV)

We spent the next few hours talking about the most random things. I don't think I have ever felt this comfortable with a new person.

He told me about how he wanted to become an actor, but his father wanted him to become a businessman like him. He didn't want to disappoint his family but at the same time, he didn't want to do something he wasn't interested in. He told me that he could probably become a businessman, following his dad's footsteps and make his family proud but it would put his own happiness at stake. He was sure that he wouldn't be happy working in the corporate world.

"I don't know what to do! I don't want to go against my family but I also want to do what I want! Why can't I get both!" He seemed really frustrated.

"I applied for the business course as well as the acting course in another college. I haven't told my parents though. I got accepted in both the colleges. I thought this little break would help me decide but I'm right where I began. Confused. How do you know what is the right decision?"

"As much as I agree that we should keep our parents' thoughts in mind while taking decisions, I also think that we should have the freedom to choose our happiness. At the end of it, parents want their kids to be happy. They sometimes don't see things the way we do. They worry about our future and want to guide us to the right path. But the path which is right for us doesn't necessarily have to be the one they point us towards."

"They'll probably be disappointed if you choose acting, but it's up to you to prove to them that you took the right decision. Decisions taken aren't right or wrong. You can't know where it will lead you even before you give it a try. We just have to work towards making sure that our decision was, in the end, the right one. Once you show them that what you chose was right, they'll be proud of you."

"Woah. Who knew Ms. Yoona had a deep side to her!" He teased.

"You have a long way to go, young grasshopper," I said, trying to sound profound.

"On a serious note, thanks for that. I don't think anyone has broken it down, the way you did. Maybe I can find the balance between my happiness and that of my family's."

"Anytime, Jin!" I said, somewhat happy that I could make him happy.

--------

Sudden rustling of leaves woke me up.
I didn't realize when we ended up falling asleep. My head was on his shoulders and his head resting on my head. I was shocked at how close we were. I tried to move away slowly, trying to support his head with my hand but my movement woke him up.

"Yoona..? He slowly blinked his eyes open.

I looked up at him and I saw him looking down at me. He seemed to realize how close we were and his eyes opened wide. I don't know know how long we just stared at each other. I felt the distance between us reducing. Was he leaning towards me or was I leaning towards him? We'll never know.

The next thing I knew, I felt his lips on mine. His lips felt so soft and gentle against mine. His hand was cupping my face bringing me closer to him. Just as I moved my hand to hold onto to him, he broke the kiss. 

Wait.. What..I whined in protest.

Calm thy hormones, Yoona!

He leaned his forehead against mine, with eyes closed, and just whispered my name, " Yoona.."

"Yes, Jin..?" I asked, unconsciously leaning in, seeking the warmth that he had taken away without any warning.

A shrill sound startled us and broke us apart.

It took a couple of seconds for my muddled brain to realize.

"That's my phone!" I started hunting for it.

"You finally got network?" He asked while checking his own phone.

It was my mother calling me. Of course. Moms and their radar. I bet her spidey sense told her that I was kissing some boy somewhere. 

We had been trying to get network all this while but suddenly when I was in the middle of the most beautiful kiss ever, of course, my phone would catch network because my mother was calling. 

"Mum! Hi! I'll call you back. Bye!" I quickly ended the call and immediately called the helpline number I had noted down earlier. I explained the situation and the person on the other end assured me that he would send help to us.

"Woohoo! We won't die here!" I did a little happy dance.

"So dramatic. We weren't going to die," Jin sighed.

"Two words. Wild. Animals."

He just shook his head, dismissing me.

While we waited for someone to come get us, I kept thinking about the kiss. I wondered if he was thinking about it too. Should I bring it up? Will it make things awkward? He didn't seem to regret it. I didn't for sure. If it wasn't for my mother, we would have....! Eeeeee! Just thinking about it was making me feel all fuzzy. Hormones Yoona!!

Before I could gather up the courage to bring up the kiss, help had arrived. We soon made it down the mountain with two men supporting Jin. They had even booked a cab for us to get us back to our hotels. 

As the cab reached my hotel, I turned towards Jin. Suddenly I felt his arms around me.

"Jin..?"

"Shush."

"Huh?"

"Can't shut up for one second! When are you heading back to Busan?" He sighed, dropping his hands from around me. 

"Tomorrow, well technically today. Why?"

"Nothing. Give me your number." He quickly saved my number and gave me a call.

"I am heading back to Seoul soon, but we'll keep in touch, alright?"

"Yeah.." I replied still slightly confused.

"Okay..So..Take care of your leg. Don't try to do anything crazy alright?" I said, trying to not be awkward but failing miserably at it. 

"So.. Well..Umm bye, Jin!" I waved as I got out of the car.

Such an awkward weirdo. I hit my forehead as I turned and walked to my hotel.

----------

A/N: Awkward Yoona is basically me.