Chapter 11

Jin's POV

I am not sure for what I was apologizing. For not recognizing her today or for everything that happened in the past.

She didn't say anything. She just held onto me a little tighter.

"Yoona, why didn't you say anything when we met earlier today? You must have realized that I didn't recognize you."

"At first, I was too shocked to see you and then when you didn't recognize me, I thought that maybe you didn't remember me. It has been quite some time since the last time we met."

She slowly stepped away from me when she said that. She wasn't even looking at me.

"Didn't remember you? Are you crazy? How could you even think that? You seemed familiar but it didn't hit me because you look different now. We could have avoided all this if you had just told me then! Bird's-nest Yoona would have beaten me up if I had yelled at her like I did in the morning."

"Yah! Don't call me that! I thought you didn't remember me! How would you have felt if some random unknown person came and hit you?! It's not like we had been friends for years, before you dropped off the face of the Earth, that I would expect you to remember me. So that's why I didn't say anything."

I can't believe she actually thought that I would forget her!

"What kind of a friend do you think I am? We knew each other long enough for me to remember you! You didn't forget me, how could you think that I would?!"

"Well, I wasn't the one who vanished without saying a word back then," she said quietly.

"Yoona... "

I wish I knew what I could say to wipe away the pain I could see in her eyes.

-------------

Yoona's POV

Why did it still hurt? It's been 5 years, Yoona. Get a hold of yourself!

My pep talks were clearly failing because my eyes started to tear up.

The number of times I had imagined the day I would run into Jin and give him a piece of my mind. The badass girl in all those scenarios was going to start bawling her eyes out any second now. Aish! Such a disappointment.

I was on the verge of tears and could feel it almost escape my eyes. I quickly turned my face away and wiped those traitors away.

I turned back towards him, plastered a big smile on my face. "Nevermind all that. It's all in the past. It's not important anymore."

I felt his hands cup my face. "No. It's important. And you still suck at lying." He wiped away a tear that I had missed.

"Jin?"

Jin immediately pulled his hands away and stepped away from me and spoke to the person who had called him, "Oh, you are back!"

Must be the manager he was talking about.

"Yes. I just got a call from Bang PD, he wants to have a quick word with you about your schedules."

"Right now? With me?"

"Yes. He said it won't take too long."

"But.." he looked at me and then back to his manager. His manager just shrugged his shoulders. 

"Alright, tell him I'm on my way. Oh, by the way, Sejin hyung, this is Yoona. She was waiting for a car to drop her back but there seems to be a little confusion, can you help sort it out and make sure she gets back safely?"

"Okay. Sure, I'll do that."

Jin then turns towards me, "Yoona, I am so sorry I have to go now. Give me your phone." He grabbed my phone before I could hand it to him. 

"Type in your password," he instructed. I unlocked my phone still wondering what he was trying to do. 

"There, I just called my phone and now we  have each other's number. I'll call you later, so you better save it."

"Um, Jin, sorry but Bang PD is waiting for you." His manager reminded him.

"Sorry, but I really have to go. I'll talk to you soon, birds-nest!" He ruffled my hair like I was some kid.

"Hyung, take care of her. Inform me immediately if there's any problem."

The manager was grinning and shaking his head. "Yes, Jin. I'll guard her with my life. Now go!"

"Hyung!" he pouted. "Jin!" his manager teased him back.

I couldn't help but smile at their interaction.

He pulled me into a quick hug and whispered, "I am so happy today!" 

You could never predict his hugs. They would just come out of nowhere and when you least expect them. 

He let me go and made his way to the stairs. I turned towards the manager to discuss about the car situation.

"Bye, Yoona!" I turned to see Jin waving from the stairs.

"Jin, go already!!" I laughed, shaking my head at him.

--------