Chapter 39

Jin's POV

"Stay," I mumbled, eyes still closed, as I felt her body move away from me. She must have woken up. I had watched her fall asleep, emotionally drained. I didn't have the heart to wake her up and shift her to my room. Even in her sleep, she seemed disturbed as she murmured incoherently. I felt like she had called out my name but it could have been my imagination. 

"Jin..?" 

"Yeah..?" I opened my eyes to find her looking up at me. When our eyes met, she immediately ducked under my chin, her face getting red. I grinned at how unintentionally cute she could be sometimes.

It seemed like she wanted to say something. She would stop fidgeting with the buttons on my shirt as if she was going to say something but would immediately start fidgeting with it again. I put my hand on her nervous fingers and teased, "You know you have to just ask, right?" as I started to unbutton my shirt.

"What are you doing?!" She whacked my hand away and I burst out laughing.

"I was just kidding, but why are you so red? What were you imagining? You look a little disappointed too." I continued to tease her. 

"Jinja!" She flicked my forehead and tried to get off my lap but I pulled her down immediately.

"I told you to stay!"

She was mumbling something under her breath that I didn't quite catch. I lifted her chin with my right hand. Her eyes were still a little red because of all the crying but she still looked as beautiful as ever.

"Yoona..?"

"Hmm..?"

"What are the chances of your mom calling you right now?" I asked.

"Huh? My mom.. what..?" She asked confused, while I just looked at her, waiting for it to click.

I saw her eyes widen, a quick glance was spared to my lips and quickly taken away, her cheeks turning a beautiful crimson.

I was giving her a chance to stop what was going to happen and I was hoping she wouldn't take it.

After a few seconds, she looked at me, eyes sparkling and whispered, "I won't answer it, even if she did." She then roughly pulled me down by my collar and our lips met.

What started out as a small, innocent kiss soon turned into something much more.

One thing led to another and we were lying on the couch. Her hands tugging at my hair, mine tugging at her clothes.

"Jin..." she said, breaking the kiss.

"Shh.." I said, bringing her lips back where they belonged.

"Jin!" She pushed me away gently, placing her hand on my mouth when I tried to kiss her again. "I think I heard a camera shutter.."

Nothing could have gotten me out of my haze faster than the words 'camera shutter'. I quickly sat up and turned around in time to see a figure disappearing into the hallway.

I let out a sigh of relief. For a moment I thought that someone had managed to break into our apartment and had taken pictures.

I had a fair idea who the sneaky photographer was and why he did it.

"I'll be right back," I said, giving her a peck on the lips.

"Namjoon!" I banged on his door. Only a laugh greeted me in response. 

"I have leverage against you now! Delete that picture of Minhee and me and I'll delete the one I took now." He called out. "Oh, and hyung, one piece of advice, you might want to up your kissing game. It looked like you were slobbering all over her!"

"That's it! You will open this door right now or I am going to break it down." I warned him in my most menacing voice. 

"Not until you give me your word that you will delete the photo and also not cause any physical or mental harm to in form of revenge!" 

"You wish!" I yelled back and walked back to the living room, deciding to deal with him later. 

"Yoona..?" I called out to the empty living room. She wasn't there. Did she leave? I sat down on the couch when a note on the table caught my eye.

I'll call you soon. -Y.

I held the note in my head and leaned back on the couch. I grinned recollecting what had happened just a few minutes back. It still felt unreal. 

"Oh, great! He's doing his creepy smile thing again. Things must have gone well with Yoona." I turned to see Jimin standing with the others staring at me. I dismissed them with a wave. Nothing could bother me today. 

-----