Chapter 41

Yoona's POV

"Yoongi?" He didn't seem to hear me. He was staring at Jihee and Jihee was actively avoiding his gaze.

Jihee and Yoongi?

"Quit staring at her for a minute and tell me what's going on," I asked, louder this time. My question seemed to snap Yoongi out of his thoughts and Jihee looked at Yoongi, only to look away again.

When did this even happen?

"I need to talk to you. Can we go somewhere?" Yoongi asked, finally looking at me.

"You can talk here, I'll leave," Jihee said quietly.

"No, you stay. This is your apartment, we'll go." Yoongi replied without even looking at her.

I could leave the room and they wouldn't even notice my absence.

"I can leave while you two sort out whatever is happening here," I said waving my hands in front of them.

"Nothing is going on. Is there somewhere nearby we can go to talk?" Yoongi asked impatiently.

"Yeah, there's a coffee shop. Are you sure it's okay for you to be out in public?" I asked as I grabbed my jacket from the couch.

"Yeah. I'll manage. This is more important anyway," he said, walking out of the apartment, not sparing a glance to neither me nor Jihee, who now looked very angry.

"We are going to have a nice, long talk when I am back," I warned Jihee as I followed Yoongi out.

---

"Excuse me?" I yelled, forgetting the fact that we weren't supposed to be drawing any attention to us. I quickly looked around to see a few heads turn in our direction but thankfully they ignored my little outburst.

"What the hell do you mean I might be after Jin for his money? Are you crazy?" I whisper-yelled at Yoongi who just smirked at me in response.

"It wouldn't be the first time when someone tried to get close to us to get their fifteen seconds of fame or just plain and simple, money," Yoongi smirked, casually drinking his coffee like he hadn't just said the most ridiculous thing ever.

"Well aren't you a complete jackass!"

Yoongi just looked up from his cup, his face not showing any emotions. Doesn't anything faze this man?

"I honestly don't care about what you think of me. The only person I care about here is Jin hyung. I don't think he's thinking straight right now and he won't listen to me. So I came here to tell you to back off before I have to step in and get things right."

"If you are blaming me for Jin deciding to leave, then you are disrespecting him. If you honestly believe that he would take such a big decision because of some random person, it clearly shows how much trust you have in him!" I said, my temper slowly rising.

"This has nothing to do with that."

"Then what is all this about?"

"Jin hyung seems to believe that you genuinely like him and I want you to come clean with him and tell him that you don't before I have to do it."

"Are you serious? What is up with all you people deciding about my feelings! You can't decide how I feel. Where is all this even coming from?!" I asked, finding it hard to control my temper.

"I just find it very convenient how things have played out. You come back to Korea and discover that Jin hyung is a celebrity. You have history with him so you have an easy in. You meet by 'accident'. You do your little push-and-pull game with him and soon have him falling for you all over again. Jin hyung might have become blind when it comes to you but I can see right through you," Yoongi scoffed.

"How cynical do you have to be to think that any feelings that I might have for Jin are 'convenient'? Don't you dare discount my feelings just because you don't understand them!"

"You say that you like him and yet you didn't think twice before deciding to cut off all contact with the guy and make him think that you hate him," Yoongi challenged.

"You do not get to sit there and make me feel guilty about putting my feelings first, and his second! Not after what I went through for five freaking years!"

"You are not the only one who suffered through those five years. I was there with him! I was the one who would wake up to him mumbling your name in his sleep. I was the one who watched him struggle when he tried to find you! I was the one who saw him secretly cry when you didn't come to him after his accident! Even with all his broken bones, you not being there hurt him the most! He has been through enough and he doesn't deserve to have his heart played with again!"

For the first time, I could see Yoongi breakaway from his devil may care persona. His emotions clearly reflected in his eyes. The realization that his words were coming from the need to protect Jin made my temper disappear almost instantly.

"If I had known about his accident, I would have been there. Even if we weren't on good terms, I would have been there. No matter what, I would have been there! It breaks my heart to think that he went through all that but I had my heart broken too! The reason I didn't talk to him for a month was that I was hurt. I wasn't sure if I was ready to risk having my heart shattered again. Hate is the opposite of what drove me to take that decision!"

"Then what was it?"

Jin asked, grinning at me, as he pulled up a chair and sat down with us.

------